Chapter 15

Picture of Cassandra Rain on the side!! -- >

Chapter 15

Meredith's POV

My black heels clicked loudly against the concrete floor, the sound echoing against the cave walls.

It felt strange being here; Just like Crescent Moons territory I had avoided this place for centuries. I couldn't even remember the last time I had been here.

I looked around the bare cave walls, nothing has changed. The walls were still wet with water but I knew better. Anyone who wasn't a Witch would look at these walls and automatically turn back. The liquid was spelled with compulsion, a very strong one at that

I faintly remembered assisting other Witches to cast the spell. I was the leader while the others assisted. That was when I was actually allowed to be a part of the Witches Gatherings.

I clicked my tongue, facing forward. I forced myself to push back those bitter thoughts. I hated coming here. This place was a constant reminder of how I'd betrayed my Sisters, my own kind. It was also a reminder of what they had done to me, how they had hurt me.

I sighed loudly, once again ignoring my thoughts. I didn't care, it was all in the past. I was happier this way, without all the commotion from the Witches I was at peace. Wandering the Earth without a care in the world, not following any rules but my own.

That was what I kept telling myself.

I looked down to my feet, expecting to see Val by my side. It was an odd feeling, not having her here with me. She always followed me around, even when I didn't want her to. This time though, she stuck by Andrew's side. I was more than shocked when I beckoned for her and -instead of coming to me- she ran to him.

Just thinking about him caused my thoughts to go back to the events that happened only two days ago. Seeing Ren had caused something in me to snap. I couldn't control myself, which was why Andrew had seen my weak side.

I expected him to take advantage of that, if he had done anything right then and there, I wouldn't have stopped him. My thoughts were in the past, my emotions angry. Despite my thoughts, the bond had made me want him to support me. It was as though I needed him to believe me, to know that I had nothing to do with Ren's incarnation.

It was his words that caused me to come out of my daze. You did nothing wrong, nothing wrong. His words constantly replayed in my mind, his reassurance. He knew absolutely nothing of Ren yet he was confident it me, he believed me in ways no one else had, just like William.

I stopped, looking up at the large metal doors. Just like Werewolves, Witches had a special insignia that indicated the leader.

Rosaline, the head of all Witches, had a simple design, a star within a circle; a Pentacle. The ends of each star touched the circle, each having a different meaning. Depending on your belief, each end had a different type of meaning. Some believed the meanings were of the elements, while others believed it was that of the mind and body.

Our belief was all. We believed the star meaning relate to both elements, the mind, the body, and the soul. It was strange, since the design was so simple. People would never expect such a design to be that of Witches but it was. In every spell, or any pendant, the Pentacle was always there. Whether it was barely visible, or very bold, it was there. Though throughout the years many artistic Witches have offered different designs, Rosaline's has stayed the same.

I smirked at that thought. She was still the same old, stubborn Witch I had known for years.

I dug through my original Prada purse for my Emma's pendant. The only way to get into room was to have your own pendant, indicating that you were a Witch. Because of the incident that took place back when I was cursed, my pendant was taken, leaving me with no way of entering any Gathering.