Chapter 25: Festival

It was weekend night and Aki was fixing her yukata as she prepared to attend the festival. She glanced at Y/N who was also wearing the same attire.

"Ready to go, Y/N?" Aki received a nod and she shifted her gaze to Nami. The girl recently took a bath and walked past them

"Aren't you going with us, Nami?"

"No."

Nami didn't spare a glance at Y/N after her response to Aki. She resigned to her room and shut the door close

"What is up with her?" uttered Aki in confusion while Y/N only looked down. "Well, let's go, Y/N."

When they were nearing their location, Y/N's mood brightened upon seeing the glowing lights and attractions on display.

"Aki-nee, hurry up!" Y/N walked faster and Aki giggled at her excitement. "The festival is about to start!"

"Slow down, Y/N. You would trip if you walk so fast. It's hard to move in this yukata."

Y/N looked back in confusion

"But I can move just fine-

"Since I didn't wear any underwear, it would be a problem if I lose my clothing, don't you think?"

"Eeh?!" Y/N shook her head in disbelief and Aki chuckled.

"Hehe. You're probably thinking of something perverted right now, Y/N ~ "

Aki stepped closer while Y/N crossed her hands in protest.

"I'm not."

Y/N gazed curiously at Aki when the girl took a hold of her hand and interlaced their fingers

"There are a lot of people here today." Aki smiled at Y/N. "It would be bad if we got separated."

Y/N nodded and mirrored Aki's smile. They started their venture where they observed the different booths. They also tried a variety of snacks and foods.

"Aki-nee, let's buy a cotton candy."

Y/N didn't wait for Aki to respond and she dragged the girl with her. She cheerfully accepted the handed candy and gave the same to Aki.

"Y/N you're such a child." giggled Aki while observing Y/N feasting on the cotton candy.

" I don't care, Aki-nee. This is delicious."

They passed by a huge crowd and Y/N was so engrossed on her food. Ryu's words flashed back on her mind and she thought that the boy was right. The festival indeed alleviated her worries and she was having a great time at the moment

"Attending the festival was a great idea. Somehow, it brought me at peace."

Y/N tugged on Aki's hand.

"And this inexplicable warmth.. the festival is a lot better since I'm spending it with Aki-nee." A smile formed on Y/N's face and she glanced at the girl beside her

"Aki-neechan, I - Hah?"

Instead of Aki, she was met by a stranger who was staring at her in confusion. Y/N instantly released their hands and muttered an apology.

"I'm sorry." Y/N bowed her head low.

" Who is this?!"

"Ah, no worries." The woman waived off her concerns. "But are you lost? I just felt my hand being yanked so I just went along with whoever it is. Do you need help finding your friends or family who went with you here?"

"Uh- No, it's fine. But I apologize once again." spoke Y/N awkwardly

"Geez, this must be when we passed by the crowd earlier."