Chapter 13: Let's Pretend

Classes were over and students belonging in clubs gather at this time to practice, conduct meetings, and hold any activities which are exclusive to their club.

Nami and Kana were one of those students. The two were staying in a small room as they gathered for their Fashion Research agenda

"Grr. She's really not coming here." Nami held an annoyed expression. "Stupid Y/N."

"I kind of expected this." spoke Kana as she sew and added buttons on a red dress. "You can't just enroll someone in a club they aren't aware of and expect them to not resist."

Nami stared at Kana until she remembered something.

"Oh, that's right!" She rummaged through her bag and retrieved a picture. It was the picture she took where Y/N was wearing a Neko Dress.

"Here you go."

Kana's eyes widened and she accepted the picture with trembling hands.

"S-So cute! Y/N-chan!" Kana gushed at the picture and she squealed like a fan-girl

"Really?"

"Thank you very much, Nami!" Kana said as she abruptly stood up. She held the picture close to her chest and spoke cheerily.

"I'm so happy. I'll put this picture in my box of treasured items."

Nami hopped on the table and she observed Kana who was now full on gazing at Y/N's picture

"Hey, Kana.."

"What is it?"

Nami shifted her gaze to the ceiling and she swung her legs aimlessly.

"Why do you like Y/N?"

Kana flinched for a second a blush appeared on her cheeks

"W-Why you ask.." Kana stared back at the picture. "Because she's really cute, I guess?"

"Cute, huh?" Nami glanced at the finished costume. "Is it alright to wear this now?"

"Ah- Yes. That is partly done-

" Then I'll try it out!" grinned Kana as she retrieved the dress in a flash. Kana can only blink in surprise when Nami started stripping off her clothes

After a few minutes, Nami was now wearing the dress. She turned side by side to check if it fits properly.

"It's perfect." Nami touched her chest. "Well, the chest area is a little tight. But aside from that, it's perfect overall."

"It was made for Y/N-chan so that's only natural." chuckled Kana in response. "I'm not sure what her proportions are so I just blindly made a guess."

Nami frowned and examined her chest area

"If you say that, I'm kinda pissed that it is only a little tight. I can't believe me and Y/N have small breasts while Aki-nee's are huge."

"But the dress looks cute on you, though."

" Really?" Nami cheerfully asked and Kana smiled

"Hai."

Kana's next words erased Nami's cheerful expression.

"Cute.. Just like Y/N-chan.."

Nami stared passively at Kana and turned away from her.

"What's wrong?"

"Telling me I look as cute as Y/N? What is up with that?" Nami playfully said and she slammed her hands on Kana's chest

"N-Nami?"

"Whoa. Did they get even bigger?" Nami asked as she massaged Kana's boobs. The latter faintly blushed at the actions.

"Hey! S-Stop that."

"Oh come one." Nami leaned closer to Kana. "Just pretend that it's Y/N doing it."

"I-I can't do that. Because you're Nami."

"I'm often told that we have the same gaze." Nami said as she stared directly at Kana's eyes

"B-But still.."

"No good." Nami pulled Kana from her seat. "You have to pretend that it's Y/N who is standing in front of you."

Nami placed her hand on Kana's face

"This is a rehearsal for when the time comes."

"A rehearsal?" mumbled Kana as she met Nami's intense gaze.

"I'm Y/N.. and I like you, Sumiya-san."

Kana imagined Y/N in front of her saying the exact words. Nami suddenly leaned forward and she connected their lips which surprised Kana

"It's an indirect kiss." lied Nami after seeing Kana get panicked " Y/N was my first kiss."

Kana pondered on the words and she touched her lips.

"Y/N-chan..."

"Yeah. That's why it's an Indirect kiss." Nami closed her eyes as she shook her sadness away. "With Y/N."

"Um.."

Nami looked back once she sensed Kana about to say something

"C-Can we do it again? The indirect kiss with Y/N-chan?"

Nami smiled bitterly but she just nodded in approval.

"Sure."

The girls interlaced their fingers and they slowly leaned forward to meet at the middle. Nami closed her eyes and her monologue flashed on her mind during the scene

"Even though I know that doing this won't change anything..."

Nami held Kana's hand tighter

"Even though I know that Y/N is all Kana sees right now."

She groped Kana's boob with her free hand

"Even though I know I'm not the one she's thinking about."

Nami opened her eyes to see Kana's expression

"It's okay... because for now, I'll just pretend that I'm the subject of her feelings."

- End of Chapter -