Chapter 37: Moody

Y/N groaned when the alarm's ringtone echoed in the room. She turned it down and let out a yawn afterwards.

Aki was snuggled beside her and the girl inched closer at the sound of the alarm.

"Aki-nee, wake up." Y/N said as she gently shook the girl's shoulder.

Aki released incoherent mumbles and hugged Y/N's arm.

"Aki-nee, get up. I still have to prepare breakfast for the guest."

At the mention of the word, Aki lazily opened her eyes and yawned.

"Couldn't he prepare it on his own?"

"Don't be rude, Aki-nee." Y/N lightly reprimanded. "Rui is a guest so we need to be hospitable."

Aki pouted but nodded at the words nonetheless.

When the girls finished changing, they went to visit Rui.

"Rui?" Y/N called as she knocked on the door. "Are you awake?"

Aki silently waited for the boy to answer. When Y/N's knocks didn't receive any answer, she proceeded to the living room.

"Is he still asleep?" Y/N mumbled.

"Y/N, here."

Y/N heard Aki's voice from the living room. The latter showed her a small note which was attached on the nearby table.

"So he already left.." spoke Y/N absentmindedly while Aki just shrugged in response.

"That's weird. He should have told me that he planned to leave early today."

"A change of plans, perhaps?" Aki suggested.

A click coming from the main door caught their attention. Nami entered and headed straight towards her room

"Oh, Nami. Have you already finished the project with Sumiya-san?" asked Y/N

Nami waved her hand dismissively and didn't bother speaking a response. Aki and Y/N blinked in confusion.

"Nami sure is.. moody?" Aki mused

"I swear, I don't understand her sometimes." replied Y/N with a sigh.
______________________________________

"The presentation of the pair project will be moved 3 days from now. So for those of you who are still-

Y/N was only half-attentive when listening to the teacher's announcement. Her gaze continuously flickered between Rui and Nami's empty seats.

Nami was absent for the day since she claimed to be not in the mood to attend classes. When Y/N asked her why, the girl snapped at her and told her to mind her own business.

As for Rui, the boy had some emergencies he needed to attend. Y/N wasn't sure what the emergency was since the note didn't mention anything specific. She can only assume that it had something to do with Rui's family situation.

"And that's all for today. You may go."

The students wasted no time in packing their things, save for Y/N who was still busy thinking.

"Y/N-chan." Kana stood beside Y/N.

"Sumiya-san, what's up?"

"Ano.. can you give this to Nami?" Kana held a handkerchief which Y/N instantly recognized.

"Oh, this is Nami's.."

"Yes. She left it at my home while we were doing the project.." Kana diverted her gaze and fiddled with her fingers.

"Um.. Is Nami alright?"

"Huh?" Y/N focused her gaze back on Kana after she kept the handkerchief.

"It's just that, Nami is absent today." Kana replied.

"Ah, don't worry. She isn't sick or anything." Y/N said in a sheepish voice. "She's just being moody and doesn't want to attend classes today. Typical Nami."

Kana sighed in relief.

"Yokatta. I was worried she got sick. Yesterday, she left without notice and I wondered whether she isn't feeling well."

"Oh..." Y/N was mildly suprised at the info. "I'll inform her that you asked about her, Sumiya-san. Don't worry."

Kana thanked Y/N in reply before waving goodbye.

"So Nami also left without prior notice.." Y/N tapped her finger in thought.

"People sure are moody sometimes."

- End of Chapter -