Chapter 45: Blonde wig

"Waah! Did you make this, Y/N-chan?" Kana was looking with star eyes at the lunchbox of Y/N.

"Yes I did, but.." Y/N offered her meal. "You want some?"

"Eh? May I?"

"Sure.."

Kana thanked the girl with glee as she digged her chopsticks on the meal. Nami, on the other hand, was silently observing the interaction.

Kana was the one who offered that the 3 of them should take lunch together. Y/N initially hesitated, fearing that it might get awkward with whatever Kana and Nami fought about. She didn't want to be in the middle of the girls' tension, but since Nami forced her to agree, Y/N reluctantly accepted.

"Mmm. Y/N-chan's home cooking.." Kana mumbled between chewing. "It'sh so good ♡"

"Really? Thanks." Y/N sheepishly replied. She glanced at Nami beside her to continue the conversation but the girl just ater her own meal in nonchalance.

"Umm, this is getting awkward.."

Sighing internally, Y/N decided to continue making small talk about the food.

"You want this too?"

"Eh? Then in exchange you can have some of these vegetables."

"I have the same bento made by Y/N though.." Nami deadpanned.

After a while, Nami packed her lunchbox and stood up to leave.

"Well then. I'm going back to the classroom."

"Ah, Nami." Kana uttered

"You guys take your time." replied Nami before leaving the two girls. Kana observed Nami's retreating figure with a hint of sadness.

"Recently, Nami's only been formal and distant... it hurts.."

Y/N looked at Kana curiously, who was gazing at the floor with sad eyes.

"Are you lonely?"

"Eh?" Kana blinked in surprise.

"Ah, nothing. I just thought that you and Nami have always been together, so that's what I'd assume." Y/N tapped her cheek in thought.

"You're nice, Y/N-chan." smiled Kana. She leaned her head on Y/N's shoulder as she continued.

"But I'm not lonely. Because.... Y/N-chan is by my side.."

"............................"

Y/N glanced at Kana in silence, not bothering to respond.
_______________________________________

"Come, Y/N-chan, I prepared new costumes for you. I sewed them last week." Kana excitedly said once she and Y/N reached the clubroom.

Y/N looked around before nodding in assent. Kana then took a seat to sew some finishing touches to the costume.

"Sitting here is somewhat calming." Kana  closed her eyes with a smile. She touched the sewing machine afterwards. "And just touching the sewing machine like this..."

"Sumiya-san." Y/N faced the girl. "I was just curious. Why did you create the Fashion Research Club?"

"It's because...." Kana took a second before responding. "It's because of Nami."

Y/N blinked at the answer

"Making clothes has been my hobby from the beginning. My mother is a relatively famous fashion designer..." Kana smiled faintly. "I've always had fun learning by watching her work."

"Her father's a photographer and her mother's a fashion designer.." Y/N mused. "It's quite a perfect match.."

"But starting a club.. I hadn't even considered it.." Kana continued. "Until that time.."

Flashback:

"Eeh~ Kana, you made these clothes?"

"Y-Yes."

"That's amazing! You're at a pro level!" Nami said as she twirled around in her dress. "If you like it that much, you should join some sort of club. There is one, right? A sewing club."

"No.. I thought of that and looked into it, but there doesn't seem to be that type of club.." Kana timidly responded. "And besides, this is just something I do to pass time, so..."

"If there isn't one, then you should make it yourself."

"Eh?" Kana looked at Nami in mild surprise.

"Y/N-chan will join too." Nami winked and a faint blush appeared on Kana's cheeks.

"B-But what should I do..."

"Don't worry! I'll help you too!"

End of Flashback:

"If it weren't for Nami, this clubroom wouldn't exist.. And me right now.. I wouldn't be here alone in this room with Y/N-chan.." Kana trailed off. Y/N looked at her with a complicated expression.

"Sumiya-san.. About that-

"Oh, here it is!" Kana clapped her hands in joy as she looked back at Y/N. "Here. The costume is finished. Would you mind wearing it for me?"

"Eh..?"

Kana handed Y/N a blonde wig to match with the costume. Y/N accepted the item and tried on the costume, seeing that she doesn't want Kana to feel bad.

"It really suits you!" Kana cheerfully remarked. Y/N smiled sheepishly and scratched her cheek awkwardly.

"Umm. Sumiya-san.."

"Yes?"

"I just noticed.. And I've wanted to ask this for a long time, but.." Y/N touched the blonde wig. "Why do I always have to wear this? Does it always go in pair with the costumes you make?"

"Because it's cute ♡" Kana replied with a closed-eyed smile.

"Ah. I see.."

"Yep! If you wear that, you really.."

Kana advanced before Y/N could notice. The former placed her hands on Y/N's cheeks.

"You kind of look like Nami..♡"

Y/N's eyes widened and an uncomfortable feeling settled on her chest. Before she could think about it, the feeling was blocked by Kana's lips pressing on hers.

- End of Chapter -