Chapter 8

As soon as she walked into the living room, all conversation stopped. Mor and Cassian were sitting on the couch, Azriel on the chair across from it. Mor smirked, Cassian and Azriel's mouths hanging open.

Nova stayed silent, Mor said, "You look great," before pausing and looking towards the boys to add, "You're both gonna be catching flies soon."

It made Nova chuckle, the boys immediately close their mouths and shoot a look towards Mor.

"Thank you," Nova said to Mor, the Illyrians silent and their eyes pinning back on Nova.

Nova looked between the boys, then back to Mor. "Looks like they're speechless."

Mor looked down and noticed that tattoo on Nova's wrist, "Congrats. Looks like you're one of us now."

Nova lifted her wrist and looked at it saying, "Thanks, I guess so."

The boys looked at her wrist at the same time, Azriel smiling, Cassian still speechless.

"Cassian, why are you so surprised?" Nova said, noticing his eyes still on her.

"I-, It-, um, you look great," Cassian replied, stumbling over the words.

Rhys and Feyre walked in right then, Rhys saying, "It's been a while since that's happened too."

Cassian looked away, Azriel and Mor laughing.

Rhys turned to Nova to say, "Looks like you'll make one hell of a first impression as the newest member of our inner circle."

Nova just smiled at the words.

"Everyone ready?" Feyre asked.

Everyone just nodded or stood up from their seats. They all walked outside to fly to the House of Wind.

On their way out the door, Mor asked, "Who's taking me?"

Rhys replied, sending a smirk towards Nova, "I hate to break it to you, but it seems like you won't be the one they're gonna fight over tonight."

Knowing she could mess with him, Nova said, "I'll go with Azriel." She turned to him, saying, "Cassian wouldn't be able to keep his hands off my ass."

Everyone laughed, Cassian replied, "It's too tempting."

Nova rolled her eyes before each of the Illyrians picked up their companions and shot into the sky.

Nova had been to the House of Wind a few times but normally walked, not wanting to burden the Illyrians by making one of them fly her up there. As soon as she looked at Velaris from above, she was speechless.

Azriel followed her gaze out to the city of starlight, which was lit up perfectly, as it was just before sunset. He quickly mentioned, "It's beautiful isn't it?"

Nova didn't remove her eyes from the town and said, "It's brilliant."

There was a moment of silence as Nova closed her eyes to feel the wind, and when she opened them back up, her eyes found Azriel's, and she smiled.

He looked away quickly, averting his gaze back to their path.

They were almost to the balcony of the House of Wind when Nova said, looking over Az's shoulder, "Are the rumors true?"

Confused, he replied, "About what?"

"Wingspans," She said softly.

The confused look remained on Azriel's face as he said, "There are rumors?"

She smirked, and mentioned, "I think you know which rumors I'm talking about."

He blushed, finally understanding, but still had no idea how to respond.