Chapter •[2]•

Start from the beginning

Once we got in my room, she sat down on the floor and I stared at her in silence. She seemed normal, no bad intentions, but since I can't access her full thoughts who knows what she's hiding. She stared at me sheepishly.

'Now, have you had your powers since birth?' She looked at me and thought for a moment before answering. "Yeah, my dad and my mom both have powers of their own. My dad has telepathy and teleportation, I don't know about my mom though," She wasn't lying.

I nodded as she explained, so her parents both have powers it makes sense for her to have inherited some.

'Have you been selfish with your powers?' I asked. She was clearly in shock and shook her head before speaking. "No, I would never, who do you think I am?" She asked rhetorically. I nodded, it sounds like she's telling the truth but if she isn't, she's a damn good lair.

"I'm not a lair, you're so unreasonable," She mumbled irritably. I forgot she could read minds, having her around could be troublesome for me but also, a benefit.

'You're good for now, but I'd like to keep an eye on you,'  I added after a few moments of silence. She nodded then a knock echoed throughout the room before the door opened. It was my mom, "I brought snacks!" Y/n visibly brightened.

Good grief.

———

Saiki's mom is so nice, I mean I knew she was nice in the anime but this feels like a whole vacation.

"Your mom is so nice Saiki," He didn't answer and just continued to eat his coffee jelly. I frowned, "We should hang out more." He looked at me like I was crazy and shook his head. I slumped over sheepishly.

'No way,' He said quickly. I sighed before smiling mischievously, "I'll bring sweets...?" He thought for a second before giving me a curt nod, 'Fine,' He said gingerly.

I smiled, for an all powerful psychic, he sure was easy to convince into something ultimately going to make trouble for him. He was so cute!

My face flared up knowingly. I turned to look at him, he was facing away munching on his sweets and I sighed a sigh of relief. I need to be more careful when I'm thinking things.

"Well, I think I should head home. My dad is probably worried sick. Bye Saiki," He nodded and I teleported home.

I was almost right, he was worried sick, but I don't think I've ever received such a long lecture. "Were you with a boy?" He asked with a frown on his lips. "No—Er, well yes. But there's a good reason!" I yelled out as my hands flung back and forth.

"There better be," He warned. I looked away shyly, "I went to his house because he has powers like we do. So he wanted to talk about just what my powers were," Dad just stayed silent, his demeanor changed.

"I trust you when you say he's a psychic, I'd like to meet him later on, yeah? How are you feeling? Hungry?" He asked. I smiled tiredly. I've never had someone so understanding.

————

"H-Hey Y/n...?" I turned to see a boy standing nervously, his friends behind the wall watching him. What was he up too?

"Yes?" I asked. I closed my book but not before marking the page I had left off on. He blushed, his friends were cheering him on softly. Based on his face I'd say he's going to confess to me.

Aye, Aye, Aye, already catching the boys eyes and it's my first week here.

"I-I think you're really pretty and nice and was wondering if you'd like t-to go out s-sometime...?" He asked nervously. He looked really sweet. But I wasn't ready to date, plus I already like someone else. I didn't want to break his heart, I'd feel guilty afterward I'm going to have to figure out a way to letting himself down softly.

"I'm sorry, you seem like a nice guy, and you're not too bad looking yourself, but I don't think I'm the one you're looking for. I'd like you to have a girl you can depend on, one you can share happy memories but I'm not her," I spoke softly trying to ease the blow.

"I get it, thank you for being honest. Can we be friends at least?" He asked. I smiled, "Of course!" He gave me a chuckle before ultimately walking back to his friends to tell them the news.

'You've got a way with words,' I looked around to see Saiki on top of the roof looking down at me and I smiled. I waved toward him expecting nothing from him. 'I suppose, want to hang out? I've got something to tell you,' I looked at him to see if he got the message without the mind blocking thing.

'Sure,' He said softly. The bell then rang and I got up to walk to my designated class, Saiki did as well.