Chapter 9

*Blair's POV*

I get ready for bed and brush my teeth. Although I was acting like a bitch towards Merilyn. I'm just not used to this, to people really caring for me.

"You ready?" Mark asks me from the doorway. I rinse out my mouth and turn to him.

"Yep"

"Listen, Mark..I'm sorry for acting like a bitch. I've been keeping everything from you and haven't been trying..but you have to understand that I'm not used to any type of affection."

"Blair it's fine, I really do understand." He assures me. He grabs my hand leading me over to the bed.

"It's just ever since my..my parents died...I was alone. I didn't have anyone to depend on anymore. And whenever I made friends they either left me or died. I just learned to not depend on others anymore." I tell him holding onto his hand.

"Do you want to talk more about it?" He asks me. Do I? I don't remember ever talking about it.

"I was seven when they died. My mom was making a snowman for me and..and my dad said we were under attack. S-she left me in our secret hiding spot. There was so much yelling. When I finally heard silence I got out. I went to look outside and everyone was dead. I went to look for my parents and they were dead too. At the time I didn't know I had powers. Either way, there would have been nothing I could do. But I should have fought with them. I should have gone too. I grabbed my bow and arrow that they made for me and left when I heard other wolves. I ran so far." I stop when my eyes get watery. I don't stop the tears from falling though.

"T-then I've been a rogue since. If I made friends they would die or leave me. It was an ongoing process. At one point I made it across a witch coven. She taught me how to use my healing magic then told me to go. I didn't think much of it but used them when necessary."

"I'm so sorry." I cry into his chest.

"Princess, what are you sorry for?" He asks me rubbing my back gently.

"For being pathetic. Weak."

"You are anything from it. You are the strongest person I know." He says softly.

"No, I'm not. I ran like a coward. I should have fought."

"You were seven. You had no clue of anything."

"B-but I could have done something.." I cry.

"Listen I know it's hard, I know what it's like to lose your parents. But believe me, you were seven you had no clue, you are so strong, angel.." He tells me.

I nod into his chest thankful for the acceptance. He rubs my back in slow circles. Then I let myself fall asleep in his arms, enjoying the safety in brings me.