Chapter 7

*Mark's POV*

I knew she had different powers the second she healed herself at the hospital, but I wasn't expecting what I saw. Two lines of fire from right under her hands were spreading towards the border. 

She jumped up like everyone else but just stared in shock. The pack members all grabbed buckets of water putting the fire out, but I didn't know what to do. 

Do I go up to her? Do I let her cool off?

I was about to go up to her when she looked at me in the eyes for the first time since she did this and ran to the packhouse. 

"You idiot! You scared her!" Krissy yelled at me. 

"I didn't do anything. I'll be back."

"No let me go," She says.

"No I'm her mate, you help the rest of the pack members," I say leaving her to go to Blair. 

Running after her I can't help but feel she will do something. Finally reaching our bedroom to a locked door. 

"Blair?" I knock. 

I knock again to be met with a door opening from the other side. From what I can tell it's the patio door. 

Taking a few steps back, I run at the door at full speed breaking it down.

She's going to jump.

Using my Alpha speed do I grab her arm bringing her into my chest right before she was able to jump. 

"Blair..it's okay," I tell her rubbing her back. But what I didn't expect was for her to start crying. 

The sound of her cries made my wolf and I sad. 

I sat us both down on the ground rubbing her back until her cries were filled with quiet snores. 

*

After an hour of having her sleep on me, I picked her up and tucked her into the bed. Taking her shoes off of course. 

Thankfully, we're lucky to have an elder with magic. With this in mind, I mindlink her to meet me in my office. 

"Alpha, you asked for me?" Merilyn says. 

"Yes, Merilyn I have a task for you." 

"Of course Alpha."

"Your Luna has magic, but she doesn't know how to use or control her powers. I would like you to train her." 

"Is she the one who caused the fire?" 

"Yes," I laugh. 

"Of course Alpha, I'd love to." 

"Great thank you. Well, start tomorrow." 

"Alright, thank you." 

"Thank you," I tell her. 

Now all I have to do is make sure she doesn't start another fire. 

*

*Blair's POV*

Shuffling from outside the door woke me up. The memory of what happened yesterday is clear in my mind. I'm embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I haven't let myself be vulnerable with anyone in years, why now? And why with him.

It's the mate bond. 

This. This is another reason I didn't want a mate. 

Whether he accepts or not, I'm going to reject him. 

The door finally opens with Mark walking in with a tray full of food. 

I can't even look at him. 

"Oh great your awake, so I brought pancakes, bacon, a fruit salad.." he says starting to get quieter. 

"What's wrong?" He asks me. 

"Nothing, listen I'm sorry about yesterday..I d-"

"It's fine," he says cutting me off. 

"But we need to talk.." I say.

"Whats up?"

"Mark..I.." I start.

"You?"

"I, Blair Heningston, rejec-"

"Blair!" He yells dropping all the food from the tray, causing all the plates to break on the floor.  

"What is wrong with you!" He screams at me. 

What is wrong with me?

"Nothing, listen it was fun but I can't do this." 

"Blair. Yes, you can! It was an accident!"

"Mark-" I start but am cut off by his lips being forced onto mine. They move in sync and that's when I see my next move. Slowly moving us towards the door does he slam my back into it. I can't help but get lost in the kiss. 

To soon do I realize that I know what I have to do. Breaking my lips from his I muster as much courage as I can and say the words, 

"I, Blair Heningston reject you, Mark, as my mate," 

"Blair..," he says softly.

I can't tell you how much my heart dropped the second I said those words. My wolf has moved to the complete back of my mind, ignoring me. 

"I.." I can't even say anything. I drop my arms from his and move to the back of the room to grab my backpack. It's clear he'll want me gone. 

"You're not leaving me." He says once I pick up my backpack. 

I don't even bother responding as I make my way to the door. The door he is standing in front of protectively. 

"Just..let me go.." I say quietly.

"No! You're mine!" He says.

"Mark, I rejected you! Just let me leave!" 

"No. It's not a full rejection unless I reject you as well. Your rejection is nothing." He tells me. 

Without another word, I'm being pushed onto the bed. My back falls hard against my backpack but I ignore the pain as I feel the sparks on my lips again. 

He was right, I stayed kissing his lips. 

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment!!

 Love you all <3!