𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔬𝔫𝔢

word count: 655

word count: 655

 "Bakugo. Kaminari. Kirishima. Come see me after class today." Aizawa says from his desk at the front of the classroom at school the next day.

"Fuck," I curse under my breath.

Raccoon-eyes gives me a wide-eyed stare and whispers, "What did you guys do?"

"Something probably illegal," Dunce-face hisses. Kirishima nods sagely.

"Without me and Sero-kun?"

"Sorry," Kirishima apologises. "But we're probably about to get expelled."

Soy-sauce gives us a wild look.

I shrug.

"Stop talking, you still have forty minutes left of class," Aizawa says. He looks like he's sick and tired of our bullshit.

The forty minutes are the most fucking tense minutes of my life. They speed by too fast, when usually the school clock is agonisingly slow.

After the other students file out of the room, Kaminari, Kirishima and I drag our feet up to Aizawa. Their expressions are so fucking guilty, it's not even funny.

He gives us a long, hard look, and sighs. "I suggest you three work out a good excuse while we walk to Principal Nezu's office."

We lower our heads meekly and follow him to the principal's office.

He opens the door to reveal Nezu at his desk, and Shinso seated opposite him.

"Bakugo, Kaminari, Kirishima," the principal greets, but he doesn't seem genuine. "Take a seat.

We pull up chairs next to Shinso, while Aizawa and Nezu sit on the other side of the desk.

Nezu folds his hands — or paws, I guess — on the desk. "Our janitor saw you four leaving my office via the window late last night. Also, the security camera has been electrically fried." He points upward to the camera in the corner of the room, which is a burnt mess.

"That was me," Dunce-face says immediately. He looks nervous as fuck.

"We gathered as much," Aizawa sighs. "What we want is a reason why you broke in last night."

Kirishiima opens his mouth, but I hold up a hand. "Sensei, it was my idea. I... I needed to get video footage from the locker rooms to prove that I didn't... do something I was accused of." I gesture to my friends. "They helped me only because I asked, and they even tried to convince me not to do it at first." I might be laying it on thick, but I can't ruin everyone's careers here. "I take full responsibility. I'm sorry."

I hope I sound humble and sincere. I've never really admitted to being wrong before, and the words taste foreign on my tongue.

"Bakugo, you don't have to—" Kirishima starts.

"I do," I say firmly. To Nezu, I say, "If you're expelling anyone, expel me."

"No one is getting expelled," Aizawa says.

"WHAT?!" All four of us cry in unison.

"Your excuse is plausible. And it wouldn't be very rational for us to expel four promising heroes in the making."

I notice Aizawa looks straight at Shinso as he says this.

"But you expelled Mineta for trying to do the exact same thing—"

"No, Mineta has been pushing the boundaries ever since he came to this school. He's been working up to an expulsion for far too long."

"So, we're just getting away unscathed? Man," Kirishima sighs in relief.

"Not quite," Nezu cuts in. "Shinso, Kaminari, and Kirishima, you each have detention this whole Saturday, which is tomorrow."

The three of them groan.

"And Bakugo, you will be suspended for one week."

I scrunch my nose up and clench my fists at my sides tightly. "Y-yes... sensei."

"You are dismissed. Bakugo, I will be calling your mother, and we will see you the Monday following this coming one. You three, see you at detention tomorrow, 8 am sharp."

I don't know if I can wait over a whole week to see Deku again. Every day I wait to show him the video is a day he gets closer to that damnned Icyhot.

 Every day I wait to show him the video is a day he gets closer to that damnned Icyhot