𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔳𝔢

word count: 569

Slipping off my shoes, I knock on the door and am let in by a short, frog-like woman with green hair.

"Hello, Asui-san," I bow my head respectfully.

"My, how polite," she smiles sweetly at me. "I've made dinner for you and Tsuyu, ribbit, you can eat in her room."

"Thank you."

Tsuyu appears at the bottom of the staircase, wearing a pale pink knee-length dress with a loose, emerald green sweater over the top; she looks pretty. "Hi, Midoriya-kun, kero."

"Hi, Tsuyu-chan."

"My room is upstairs, kero."

She leads me up the stairs and down a corridor to her bedroom. It is small, concise, and mostly neat, apart from a stack of homework piled on the desk. Her bedsheets are pink, and she has a few pastel-coloured cushions on the floor around a low table in the middle of the room. On the table, two steaming bowls of katsudon rest.

"I love katsudon!" I exclaim.

She smiles. "Me too, kero."

We sit on the cushions around the table and start eating. I pick up a succulent piece of pork with my chopsticks and take a mouth-watering bite.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I'm having some... love life problems, I guess," I sigh.

Her eyes widen even further than I thought was possible. "Tell me everything, kero."

"It started at the sports festival... um, Todoroki-kun confessed to me that he loves me. But then Kacchan k-kissed me," I blush as Tsuyu's mouth drops open. "And... I'm in love with him."

"When did you realise that?" she questions.

"At the sleepover..."

"I thought so," she chews rice thoughtfully. "Childhood friends turns to enemies turns to something more."

I fight another blush. "A little cliched, isn't it?"

"Keep going," she prompts.

"So Kacchan and I avoided each other until yesterday at the mall. He saw Todoroki-kun put his arm around me, and he got angry, then we went off to look for Kaminari, and I asked him to talk about what happened..." I swallow. "He yelled at me and then apologised because he said he didn't know I was dating Todoroki, and I told him I wasn't, and he didn't believe me because Todoroki had told him that we were a thing..."

Tsuyu lets out a little gasp. "Really? That's low, kero."

"I confronted Todoroki about it this afternoon, and he apologised, but he said he was still going to try to win me over... and that's it." I reach for a sip of water.

"Well, he's determined, I'll give him that, kero," she says. "But, based off Bakugo-kun's actions, I'd say he likes you."

I nearly choke on my water. "H-huh?" I sputter.

"Think about it, kero," she starts listing points on her fingers, "he kissed you; he got angry about Todoroki, he-"

"Wait, really?" White light blurs my eyes for a brief moment; I'm in shock. "K-kacchan likes me?"

"It's a good possibility," she responds. "The school camp is tomorrow. I've heard that a lot of students get swept up in the moment... you should try to go for it with him, if you really like him."

"I do."

"Okay. I don't know what you see in him, though," she laughs softly, and her gaze goes dreamy, presumably thinking about Tokoyami-kun.

I smile at her. "I know him for who he really is."

"