Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

She wanted to play with Casey, and that was really all that was on her mind. So it was a surprise to spot Remus in the hallway, sure. But a welcome.

"Hey, munchkin, where you headed?" Tilting her head did she fail to understand what he meant, so he chuckled.

"Where are you going?"

"Casey." His biggest competitor was going to be this damn pup, wasn't he?

"Damn, hun, you wound me." He joked, but when his mate offered no smile or reaction of anything, it caused him to sigh. So perhaps this was going to be a little more complicated than he first thought.

"The Council will be coming to visit you. They'll want to ask questions about your meeting the Moon Goddess. It'll be simple, I promise you it's—Sage?" He continued to talk, and only when she lost eye contact did he realize something was wrong.

Did she even know who she met?

Or has she always had a connection to the Goddess?

These were questions that the Council would ask, how would she answer?

"Jack is going to walk you back home. Do you want anything from the kitchen?" Speaking of the Delta, he had been walking to retrieve the Alpha for a conference call.

"Hey, Eli's on the phone with—Well, look who's finally up!" Jack grinned ear to ear, and it sparked Sage's attention on the Alpha to waver. But Remus took that as a wrong type of interest, causing a growl to escape his lips before he could rightly think of it.

Jack stilled, his head lowering down in reaction to pure submission. But Sage looked rightly terrified that she curled around his arm and looked up.

What wrong?

Another strike to her broken English did she try to form a sentence, as she didn't understand this type of interaction. But it was strange that Remus had even reacted the way he did, so he kissed his little mate's forehead and turned to Jackson.

"I'll join Eli. Could you bring Sage home?" Being addressed with an order allowed Jack to rise from his position as he came closer.

"Sorry, Sir."

"It's my bad, Jackson. Careful, this one likes to run." The two males groaned after seeing the excitement over the single word, but Sage was learning from the best pup around.

And so she pouted her lips up and looked to either wolf, hoping that it would do just that.

"Sir?"

"Sage, I promise we'll go tonight, alright? Go and see Casey, sure he misses you." A wiggle commenced, and it allowed either male to breathe in a sigh of relief.

Denying her was a difficult act to follow through with.

"Casey." Remus nodded and nicked his head for Jack to take the lead and escort the Luna out. The only issue is that the poor girl was starting to gain attention, especially while walking home with the Delta of the pack.

Alpha, Sage is getting a lot of stares. A new face is easy to spot. What do you want me to do?

Alpha motioned to his Beta for a moment to lead the conversation as he continued to instruct his Delta on the matter.

Liam and Caleb will meet you halfway. Stay with her until you get to the Elwoods. Tonight I'll make the announcement about the pack party. Make sure nothing happens to her, Jackson.

Delta Jackson was not about to fail his Alpha or Luna, but it was difficult when she was walking with such a frolic in her step. Though he managed easily enough to direct others elsewhere when they started to get too close.