Prologue 2-b: The Statues

Start from the beginning

     "Is she important?" Carla asked the mystery guy.

He had spiky, light orange hair and a pair of vibrant red eyes. A heart tattoo on his right eye. His uniform is the same as (Name), but it's much more colorful than hers, and of course, it's a boy version. The gray parts are red to his uniform and the opposite of his black coat is red. The armband on his left sleeve is a red one...

 The armband on his left sleeve is a red one

The first statue has a massive physique. She has her hair that's tied in the back with a headband. She dresses in a gown. Atop the queen's head is a small, gold crown signifying her authority. She also dons matching earrings...

     "In the past, she was the queen who lived in the Rose Maze. She was someone who valued rules and discipline above all, strict in all things from the march of the Card Soldiers to the color of rose bushes." He explained.

     "I don't want to have a migraine..." Happy said to himself.

     "It was a land of madness where all submit to her rule." The mystery guy continued.

     "Ok, I'm out..." Pantherlily hugged (Name)'s socks.

     "Why you ask?" The mystery guy asked (Name), already close to her face.

     "Why?" (Name) asked. 'Too close...' She backed up a bit.

     "Because or else it was off with your head!" He chuckled.

The exceeds and Grim shriek in terror, which made the mystery guy laugh at them. (Name) just chuckled nervously when the mystery guy scared them...

     "That's terrifying!" Grim touched his face with an '0'.

     "It's cool! I like it." The mystery guy commented, staring at the statue. "Nobody would listen to a queen who's just nice all the time, right?" He inquired.

     "I suppose..." Carla nodded in agreement.

     "A strong leader is better!" Grim agreed.

     "By the way, who are you?" (Name) gestured on the mystery guy.

     "I'm Ace, a fresh-faced first year. Nice to meet 'cha~!" He winked at the Heartfilia, obviously hitting on her. "We might be classmates for this year, so better watch out for my handsome face. You might fall for it."

     "As if..." (Name) scoffed, turning her head away.

     "I'm Grim! A genius who'll become the greatest magician!" Grim introduced himself. "The dimwits over here are Carla, Happy, and Pantherlily. They're my henchmen." He pointed on the exceeds.

     "We're no henchmen!" The exceeds yelled at Grim.

     "And you are~?" He asked (Name), taking her hand and kissing the back of it.

     "(Name) Heartfilia, a pleasure to meet you..." (Name) replied, taking her hand from Ace's grasp.

     "Your name is odd, but still really beautiful, (Name)-chan~..." Ace complimented. "Such a glorious beauty~! Ah! I think you struck an arrow to my heart!"