Mystery Manipulator

"What are you thinking, (Name)?" Jade asked since (Name) was walking around circles for a couple of minutes.

     "Huh?" She looked at the people inside the room. "It's just... Kalim-senpai is in his usual attitude, his carefree attitude."

      "I agree," Azul stated.

      "This is where it gets weird, when he gets angry his eyes were somewhat different than the usual hue of red. Even so, it gets narrower and he speaks like he's another person. Then the same situation as Carla, her eyes are brown, right? The time she was hypnotized, there are red dots on it and I knew very well Carla's attitude when she's angry at me. She'll smack my head, not slap my cheek," (Name) explained the things she had experienced.

     "Is that an indicator of their mood, I wonder?" Jade asked.

     "What do you mean~?" Floyd questioned, confused at his brother's sudden statement.

     "I simply cannot compare Kalim-san being moody ad Floyd here, after all..." Jade explained to his brother. "I feel there is a negative subsiding towards these events that we can consider."

     "Jamil told us Kalim began to be like that ever since they lose in the Magical Shift Tournament and the tests this recently," Grim added.

     "Eh~? Is Sea Otter that kind to worry about those~?" Floyd wondered as he placed his finger on his chin.

     "Otter?" Carla repeated.

     "He's talking about, Kalim-san," Jade replied. "Floyd adores calling people via sea creatures. He refers to Grim-san as fond as an Earless Seal due to his pudgy and adorable silhouette. You, Carla-san, had the same color of a Silverfish and as aggressive as them."

     "Why does it sound like an insult?"

     "PUDGY SEEMS TO BE AN INSULT TO ME!"

     "Sea Otter always smiling and moving to his beat like the Otter he is, right~?" Floyd asked.

     "Indeed, he is very cheerful and I just couldn't imagine him becoming as moody as Floyd because of just one failure. There's a high possibility that someone is behind all of this, so we can only do for now is to know everything about him." Azul remarked. "Jade, if you can please talk with Kalim-san?"

     "Then I'm gonna go play with Sea Snake while you do that~," Floyd added. "Little shrimp, why don't you escort Jade~? While Silverfish, Earless Seal, Azul, and I go with Sea Snake?"

     "Oh, okay. If that's what will make this work."

     "Very good. I shall accompany you, Floyd," Azul declared as the Octavinelle trio laughed haughtily. "Good luck, Jade and (Name)."

     "Their eyes are saying something else, yanno?" Grim whispered to Carla as she glared at the trio. She knew something's fishy between (Name) and these three, now that the family picture of hers mysteriously disappeared in their room where they left it. Floyd started to show such Princely traits, Azul would always ask for money from her, and Jade will converse with her about royalty history, everything is suspicious.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

     Jamil sighed, "Kalim's deciding things on his own again..." He grumbled in frustration. "Does he know how I've worked hard for this?!" He punched the wall. "Darn it! Now that Kalim's already asleep, so there shouldn't be any additional dilemmas for now at least..."

*knock* *knock*

     "Who could be at this hour?" Jamil questioned himself as he opened the door, only to be greeted by Azul with Floyd, Carla, and Grim.

     "Good evening, Jamil-san!" Azul greeted.

     "Hello~!" Floyd said for behind Azul as he loomed over the people around him, but his eyes are focused on the Viper.

     "We're intruding!" Grim also jumped for Jamil to notice him.

     "Sorry for the crowd," Carla apologized politely.

     Jamil gasped, "What do you need?!" He demanded as he falls to his lower back.

     "We found a board game I have never seen before when Kalim-san gave us a tour inside the treasure vault of Scarabia," Azul replied as he pulled something out of his coat. "Kalim-san explained the rules to me, but I simply couldn't follow."

     "How do you play this board game?" Floyd also asked. "What's with the holes and jewels."

     "Oh, that's Mancala," Jamil was relieved. "It's a popular board game back home."

     "I am part of the Board Game Club, so I am naturally curious," Azul stated. "Would you please have a game with us? I want to learn about this game, it's very interesting."

     "There's no way the Great Grim will back away from a contest, yanno!" Grim exclaimed.

     "Kalim's already asleep, so it should be fine," Jamil nodded as consent to play with them. "I understand that my room is quite small, to begin with, so let us go to the Lounge, it's more accommodate."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

深海の商人