Chapter 22

Happy 5k reads! Thank you!

Chapter 22

            "Coal, calm down. I'm sure Tita will be okay."

"Putangina! Paano, Cassy? She has a fucking heart disease. Ischemic heart disease!" hinampas niya ang manibela ng kotse.

Pauwi na kami sa Davao City ngayon. Nang natanggap niya ang balita tungkol kay Tita Janine, hindi na kami nag aksaya ng oras at nagbihis na kami para umalis. Coal was really worried about her. It's his biological mother, after all. I was worried about Tita Janine too. I met her through video call and she seemed nice but she was a little intimidating. Nonetheless, she accepted me as her son's girlfriend. And now, she's sick.

"I should've known! All of her symptoms are obvious. Fainting, shortness of breath, fatigue...I'm so stupid."

Pagkatapos niya akong hinatid ay pumunta na siya diretso sa bahay nila. Later that night, he went to Italy. Nagpaalam naman siya sa 'kin and I also understand. I wasn't able to focus on my classes the next day though, I was busy thinking about his mother.

"Miss Valliamonte!"

Napatingin ako sa prof ko.

"Are you even listening to my class?" 

"Yes, ma'am.."

Another day has passed and still no sign of Coal. No calls, no text, no voicemails. I was so worried about him. After three days, he finally messaged me on Instagram. 

@coxann: Tatawag ako. 

Bumangon kaagad ako nang mabasa ko ang text niya. I went to the balcony. After 4 days! Nagparamdam na siya. I am so worried for Tita Janine. And also for him. I bet he's not taking care of himself right now.

"Hello?"

["Cassy.."]

"What happened? How's Tita Janine? Where are you?' sunod sunod na tanong ko. I was biting my thumb.

["We're in Italy. She...she's in bed right now. The results came out. I didn't really understand what the doctor said but he said that it wasn't curable but treatments can help reduce the chances of heart attack and can treat the symptoms. After that, sila lang ni Bob ang nag-usap.."]

"Oh my God. Will Tita be okay?"

["For now, yes. But I think that Bob is going to bring her to other countries so that she can receive better treatment. She'll be okay as long as she gets the treatment..uh..I sure hope so."]

"That's good news, right? Bakit ang tamlay mo?"

["I need to talk about something."] he cleared his throat.

"Ano 'yun?"