Chapter 13

Thank you so much for the votes and comments! It means a lot to me.

Chapter 13

               "Eto kainin mo 'to," sabi ni Coal at sinubuan ako ng sandwich. Inikot ko muna ang mata ko bago kinain.

"Masarap. Saan mo binili?" I asked him.

"Ako gumawa niyan," sagot niya at ngumisi. Malapit ko tuloy maibuga ang pagkain na nasa bibig ko.

I looked at him with wide eyes. "'Di nga?"

"Oo nga," he chuckled. "I've been watching Youtube videos. I told you, I've been planning this picnic for 2 days."

"Lahat ng pagkain?"

He chuckled. "Lahat."

The foods were actually flavorful. The muffins were great, the fruits were juicy, the pizza was so delicious and the sandwiches were perfectly made. He could pass a chef! Tapos sasabihin niya lang na tumitingin lang siya ng Youtube videos?

"Saan ka pala pumunta? You were gone for few days."

"Bakit? Namiss mo ba ako?" he laughed.

"Asa ka." I scoffed.

"May kinailangan lang akong puntahan na importante."

"Oh yeah. I saw Julia's post. You were with her?" I said and drank the pineapple juice.

"How did you know that? Magkakilala pala kayo ni Lia?" he asked.

Lia, huh? Are they that close? Everybody calls Julia, Julia but Coal calls her Lia. I started feeling irritated. Still, I continued to ask him.

"Coal, she's literally a famous model. Who wouldn't know her?" I rolled my eyes. "And no, Julia doesn't know me. I just saw her post on Instagram."

"Ah, 'yun? We just ate dinner at Viking's. It was her day off." he explained.

"Are you two close?"

Damn it, Ferialleen. Why are you acting like a detective? I wanted so badly to change the topic but my brain says 'no'. 

"Pretty much. We were friends since third-year high school."

"Oh wow."

Friends since third-year high school? That's so long! I can't even remember my friends when I was in Grade 9. Some became strangers and acted like they didn't know me.  I guess it's normal. But in Coal and Julia's case, they are still friends and they hang out often. I'm starting to think that they have feelings for each other.

Pinagpatuloy namin ang pag kain. Madami din kaming pinag-usapan but most of the time, si Coal lang yung nagsasalita. I was enjoying the food. Habang ngumunguya, tinignan ako ni Coal at tumawa.