Chapter 36

Enjoy Reading!

Chapter 36

              "Congratulations, bae! I'm so so proud of you." Rea kissed my cheek.

She's wearing a thin-strap silver gown with silver heels. Her mermaid curls suited her makeup. Beside her is Gerald, wearing his white suit and black necktie. Ang cute, matchy sila. I smiled before giving them a short hug.

"Thank you sa pagpunta! I really appreciate it." Kumalas na ako sa yakap.

Rea scoffed. "Ano ka ba! No problem! I won't ever miss this, 'no."

"Hmm.."

"Cheer up. It's your grand exhibit. You can be sad tomorrow." she tried to comfort me.

I talked with them shortly before saying goodbye to greet the other guests. Nagsisimula na ang exhibit and I am so shocked to see a lot of people. Like super dami. Siguro dahil kay Karlos! Karlos is a big catch and name palang, matunog na. He's on his way to the exhibit. Some have familiar faces and some are just completely new to me. My friends have just arrived kaya I'll greet them. Sila Lucas and Clara lang ang nakapunta, though. Mark's busy with their business dahil nasa honeymoon si Andrei at Celia. I didn't carry any grudges since they had valid reasons. And alam ko namang gusto nila umattend, sadyang hindi lang talaga pwede.

"Gorgeous as ever.." puri ni Lucas. I just let out a small smile.

"Thank you for coming.."

"How are you?" tanong ni Clara.

"Fine," maikling sabi ko.

"Cass.." nag-aalalang sambit ni Lucas.

"I'm really fine, Lucas." Umiwas ako ng tingin. They both sighed and didn't push it.

Masama parin ang loob ko dahil kay Coal. But I keep reminding myself that this is my exhibit. I should be glad and happy. I don't want to burst out crying here. I'm just sad.

"I need to go muna. May babatiin ako.." sabi ko nang nakita ko na si Karlos sa entrance. He's wearing his formal suit too.

"Good evening, Karlos." I greeted.

"Good evening, too."

"So, what do you think?" I was pertaining about the exhibit.

"You didn't disappoint me. This is perfect. 100 percent worth it." He gave me an assuring smile.

"Phew.." At least, 'di ba?

"Were you nervous? You shouldn't be. You have that amazing talent, Cassandra. I'm just helping you show it to the rest of the world."