Part 6

I woke up on time this morning. A sound sleep finally.

I went straight to Ayesha's room to exert my early morning superiority today but she wasn't there.

I said my goodmornings to everyone else. Faiz uncle was about to leave for office. Ma served him and me hot parathas (stuffed flat bread).

I saw Ayesha just getting out of the bathroom and quickly looked away.

She came and sat on the dining table with a pink towel wrapped around her and one around her head.

'Good morning.' She said to everyone.

I blushed and looked down at my paratha. She reached and tore a bite of the paratha from my plate.

Her mom saw her from the kitchen and made a disgusting face.

'Ayesha.'

'What mom? I'm fully covered, stop acting like dadi.'

Ma shushed Aleema aunty.

'How is it Ayesha beta?' Ma asked from the kitchen.

'Mhhhmmmm so good it makes me wanna come to Delhi with you.'

Both the women laughed from the kitchen. It finally felt a bit like the memories I had of this house. I smiled.

She tore another hot steaming bite from my plate and went to her room to change.

When she came back I was on my last paratha and Faiz uncle had eaten already.

'So, you have to go today too?'

'What you thought I'll play CID with you again?'

'Its serious Ayesha. Dadi could never..'

'Okay shut up. I have to go, I can't keep coming back everyday. We'll talk about your theories later.'

'Alright.'

After they both had left in the car. I went upto the terrace again. It was warm and sunny with cool air blowing. I think they call it the country side weather. Although I wasn't here to feel the weather, I was here to solve the questions in my head.

So first things first. Dadi came up from this main door and went to this rack.

The rack had been prone to the elements too long. It was all rusted as was everything on it. Except the rolled up mat. It was put under a big box on the first shelf to protect it from rain. I pulled it out.

It had no marks of blood on it whatsoever. Okay, so dadi either did it before praying or after praying. If she did it at all.

Seeing her prayer mat I was reminded how religious she was. I was convinced: she could have never done it. Suicide is one of the most severe sin. How can such a religious person do it and that too at prayer time.

I saw a couple and a child come out of the white bungalow. They walked to ours and rang the bell.

Turned out they were the Malhotra's, here to offer condolences and prayers.

Aleema aunty introduced us. I was damn sure it was their grandson but hey, I'm no one to judge.

Mrs. Malhotra said as soon as she heard about me, 'My little Ryaan is also interested in technology. Tell him beta.'

I looked at him with a warm smile. He just frowned. Ah, reminds me of me.

Mrs. Malhotra won't let it go no matter how much he kicks her feet under the table, typical moms.