6th Meeting

After a close brush with death, Lucy felt grateful more than before that she was alive.

        Though, Ane and her soulmate didn't pass away. Lucy heard the news and informed Carrise right away. They were recuperating in the same hospital.

        After supporting each other through their lowest times, Ane managed to fall in love with her soulmate. Carrise was relieved of the news and slowly returned to her normal self.

        "You know, I never dared to ask you this, Lucy, but how is my meeting?" Carrise was curious.

        "Hoho, you finally asked? I've been wanting to tell you."

        Lucy paused on purpose.

        "Drumroll please... Your meeting happens in... the office!"

        "Ohh, office romance?" Carrise smirked.

        "Your ambition is to be a lawyer, right? Good luck! You can do it!" encouraged Lucy.

        "Thanks! I'll do my best to not let you down!" Carrise smiled.

        "However, I would like to know something." Lucy added.

        "What is it?"

        "Why did you wait for so long to ask me?"

        Lucy and Carrise met in their primary school when they were nine years-old. Now, 8 years have passed and they were still stuck together.

        Carrise recalled all their fond memories and said, "Remember what you told me when we first met? Destiny ties people together. I believed your words and waited patiently for my encounter."

        "You mean what I said when I was still a stuck up, inexperienced brat trying to play cupid?"

        "You are still one now though." Carrise laughed.

        "Hmm... True," agreed Lucy as she nodded.

        Carrise continued, "Now I know when it will happen, so I don't need to be restless all the time."

        "Enjoy the single life while you can!" advised Lucy.

        "Says the girl who met her soulmate since she was a baby." The both of them chatted away.

        As Lucy was enjoying her student life, Luos' insecurity grew deeper and deeper. He was still unsure of Lucy's feelings towards him. He got frustrated. While he was dwelling in his feelings, Lucy invited him on a date.

        It's going to be like our normal outings anyway... Thinking that, Luos still can't help but put up his best appearance for the date.

        Since mom said that we're not being romantic enough, I need to step up my game. Lucy was determined. She chose her best outfit and made a cute hairdo. She still didn't apply makeup though, since she doesn't like it.

        All this while, Lucy chose comfort over being fashionable. So this time, she put in extra effort to make herself even prettier.

        "Clothes... check. Hair... check. Shoes... check. Ah, can't forget the lip balm."

        Looking at the time, Lucy was getting more excited. "I'm off!" She went out as her parents approved of her appearance.

        Lucy opened the door, only to see Luos' graceful figure, already outside waiting for her.

        "Sorry for the wait, handsome!" Lucy said as she wore her most attractive smile.

        Luos was surprised to see Lucy's outfit. "You look extra beautiful today," complimented Luos.

        "Of course I'll make myself pretty for our date!" said Lucy.

        "Then, shall we go?" said Luos as he led the way.

        Lucy held his hands naturally. Luos flushed like a red apple.

        "So, where are we going first?"

        They went for a movie, did some shopping and had a delicious meal.

        "Today was fun!" said Lucy as she linked hands with Luos.

        "I'm glad you're having fun."

        "Of course it'll be fun! Why wouldn't it? After all, I'm with my soulmate."

        "Soulmate?" Luos was taken aback.

        "Yeah, we're meant to be. I told you that when we were younger, do you remember?"

        Luos stopped to think.

        "So, you don't remember..." Lucy was disappointed.

        "I-I'm sorry." Luos felt guilty and a pang to his heart looking at her sad expression.

        "It's fine... No wonder you were feeling insecure all the time." Lucy pouted. "I'll say it how many times you would like to hear."

        Lucy took a breath, "You're mine," she kissed Luos on the cheek and continued, "... and I'm yours."