5th Meeting

Another matchmaking day for Lucy. Apparently, some students caught wind of Lucy's ability. It must've been Yag showing off, she thought. Of course, Lucy was happy that she could fulfill the role of cupid, so she gave advice to the many people who sought guidance.

        Among the cases she looked through, she saw a grim one. The girl's name was Ane. Her meeting was... brutal.

        "Sorry, I can't see yours, it's too blur," lied Lucy. "Maybe it's better if you don't meet them, you don't know what's going to happen."

        Ane looked dejected.

        "I'm sorry to pour cold water on you, but just be careful when you cross the road, okay?" Lucy was concerned.

        After school, Lucy told Carrise about her case.

        "You mean that will happen?" Carrise gasped.

        Lucy nodded.

        "What was her attire?"

        "She was wearing casual clothes. I'm not sure which crossroad either." Lucy sighed.

        "Maybe we should tail her?" suggested Carrise.

        "If we can't pinpoint the exact time and place, it'll only be a wild goose chase," explained Lucy helplessly.

        "Can't we delay or prevent it?" asked Carrise as she panicked.

        Lucy thought long and hard for a solution, then shook her head. "Up until now, I've never seen anyone miss their meeting."

        "That can't be... There must be a way!" Carrise couldn't give up. "We're talking about a person's life here!"

        "I'm sorry, Carrise. The one thing we can't do is... to go against nature." Lucy said as she comforted her.

        During the weekend, Lucy brought Carrise out to free her from her frustrations.

        It was as though fate wanted them to confront the cruel destiny Ane was bound to.

        Lucy noticed Ane, wearing the same clothes as her vision showed, walking by the both of them while they were in a cafe. By the time the both of them rushed out of the cafe to stop Ane in her tracks, the accident had already happened.

        Screeech! Thud.

        A car and a body in the middle of the road. Blood was everywhere. Reality unfolded as Lucy's vision had shown --- Ane was hit by a car drove by her soulmate.

        Both of them were stunned.

        "Ambulance! Someone, please call an ambulance!"

        Weewoo~ Weewoo~

        The scene was so hectic. Spectators gathering around, paramedics applying emergency first-aid, traffic police controlling the crowd.

        Lucy was worried about Carrise's well being. She offered her to sleep over for the rest of the weekend. Carrise kept weeping at first, but her tears dried up later and she turned into a lifeless doll.

        "Carrise, please, snap out of it!" Lucy can't stand to see her suffer any longer. After trying out various methods to cheer her up, Lucy decided to just let her have some alone time to recollect her thoughts.

        "Dear, is she alright?" Mother was worried.

        "You were there too... It must've been a traumatic experience." Father said as he gave Lucy a hug.

        "More than me, Carrise needs extra care. Her heart must've been shattered by the helplessness we felt," said Lucy.

        "Dear, maybe it's better to let her go home. She can be more relaxed that way." Mother suggested.

        "But I'm afraid something will happen to her when I'm not around!"

        Father pointed out, "Don't worry, Lucy dear, we already contacted her parents about this incident. They should be home a few hours from now." He continued, "They chose their daughter over their work."

        "Alright, I want Carrise to get well soon too, after all the support she's given me." Lucy finally gave in.

        "Don't blame yourself too much, dear. Whatever will happen, will happen," comforted mother as she patted her head.

        Lucy nodded. "I'll accompany her before I send her home." Lucy said as she went back to her room.

        "Perhaps time is the best medicine." Father sighed as he hugged mother.