2nd Meeting

That was her wish since young. After years of trying to be a matchmaker, she realized that it was a lot harder than she thought.

        Time and place were important factors that Lucy had no control over. Therefore, Lucy decided to give a push only when the pieces fit. She quit going out of her way as it was very tiring and time consuming, thinking fate will do its thing when I'm not looking.

        Sitting in a family restaurant, Lucy was enjoying her after school teatime with her best buddy -- Carrise Ysmaht.

        "Hey Lucy, that guy at the table behind you, he's been tailing you since last week." Carrise pointed out.

        "His meeting will happen in this restaurant, so maybe today?" said Lucy. "Oh, there she is, the girl of the topic." Lucy noticed the girl walking towards her.

        "And... let there be magic!" Lucy stuck out her feet and tripped the girl. The girl fell in front of her stalker. The guy panicked and immediately helped the girl up. Both of them stared into each other's eyes. Lucy shivered as she experienced deja vu seeing the very scene unfold in front of her eyes.

        "Oh, thanks." The girl broke the silence.

        "Hey, is your feet alright?" The guy asked with concern.

        "Yeah, I'm fine... Ouch!" The girl winced as she tried to stand.

        "Sit here, I'll bring you some ice." The both of them interacted sweetly.

        "Mission accomplished, huh," claimed Carrise proudly as the both of them high-fived outside the restaurant. Carrise then asked curiously, "Since you can just hypnotize them when they look into your eyes, why don't you use that method to hook people up?"

        "It's not exactly hypnotizing. It's just that I caught them off guard, so they follow my instructions blindly." Lucy continued, "It isn't guaranteed to work, and I need to be close to them, like face-to-face."

        "Oh, so many conditions... The fastest way isn't always easy, huh," commented Carrise.

        Luos walked towards Lucy and Carrise.

        "My escort is here, see you in school tomorrow!" Lucy greeted farewell happily as she left with him.

        "Boyfriend comes first, huh." Carrise sighed as she walked home alone.

        "So how's school today, Luos?" asked Lucy naturally.

        Luos attended culinary school.

        "As usual. We learnt how to cook French stew today, it's called cassoulet," answered Luos.

        "Can't wait to taste it!" Lucy was looking forward to eating Luos' cooking.

        "Sure, come over anytime, I'll make it for you."

        "Thanks! So proud of you!" Lucy smiled as they reach home together. "See you tomorrow, Luos!" Lucy waved as she entered the house beside Luos'.

        "I'm so pleased with myself today." Lucy praised herself. Her mood was immediately dampened when she saw two lovebirds flirting in the kitchen.

        "Here, say 'Aah'." Mother was feeding father while cooking.

        "Mmm, yummy!" answered father.

        "Aw, you always say the same thing, honey!" Mother commented with puffed cheeks.

        "Well, that's because it always is!" Lucy mimicked her father's reply as she went upstairs. "Urgh, the same conversation everyday... Won't you get bored of it?" Lucy said as she shut her room door.

        "Oh, our dear came back from school? Lucy, come down for dinner after you're done with homework!" called mother.

        "Okay!" replied Lucy as she sulked over the fact that they noticed her coming home so late.

        "Seriously, when is our dear going to find a boyfriend? Dating should be experienced during youth!" commented mother with concern.

        "Isn't she dating Luos?" asked father.

        "Nah, that can't be. They totally looked like siblings!" refuted mother.

        Lucy heard the whole conversation from her room.

        "What?! I'm being so lovey-dovey with him!" Lucy shrugged. "I guess all that matters is that Luos understands."