4th Meeting

"Morning, dear. Are you feeling better now?" asked mother.

         "I'm feeling well now thanks to the good night's sleep I had," answered Lucy while stretching.

         "You should thank Luos. Better yet, just make him your boyfriend already," suggested mother.

         "What do you mean, mom? We've been dating ever since we first met." Lucy stated strongly.

         "See, I told you, honey! They are a thing already!" Father was excited.

         "Are you sure, dear? It doesn't look that way." Mother disagreed.

         "We walk to and from school together everyday, talked about things together, even went out together! Am I really not being loving enough?" Lucy tried to back herself up with her actions.

         "You walked together because you're neighbours. You didn't even dress up nicely when you went out with Luos," contradicted mother.

         "Are you serious? Natural is always better! Besides, I always talked to him sweetly. I never did that with others!"

         "But does Luos know? Did you express your feelings clearly?" Father pondered. "Maybe you should talk it out with him."

         Lucy recalled the conversation she had with Luos yesterday. She added, "But I told him he's mine when we were younger..."

         Mother and father both shook their head in sync.

         "Looks like our daughter still has a long way to go, honey."

         "Yeah, you're right."

         Lucy pouted. "I'm sure Luos understands!"

        On the way to school, Lucy asked, "Hey Luos, you like me right?"

        "Yeah..." answered Luos bashly.

        "Yep, you should, cause you're mine after all!" Lucy nodded in satisfaction.

        "What about you?"

        "Hmm, why do you ask? Isn't it obvious?" answered Lucy nonchalantly.

        Luos fell into silence.

        "Then, I'll see you later after school. Bye!" Lucy waved while walking through the school gate. It's so sad that fun times pass in a blink of an eye, Lucy sighed.

        No answer again today, huh? Luos sighed. "So does she like me or not? Or maybe I'm among her harem?" Luos shivered at that thought. "Not that I mind, but I would prefer if I'm the only one..."

         The rift between them only grows deeper.

        "Hey, I saw what happened yesterday." A boy called out to Lucy.

        "Yesterday? Who are you?" asked Lucy while she continued with her work, avoiding his gaze.

        "I'm Yag."

        "So what do you want from me?"

        "You can hypnotize people?"

        "Only if they are in love with me," told Lucy.

        "In love?" Yag asked jokingly, "What are you, a cupid?"

        "What do you want?" Lucy's hands didn't stop working.

        "Aren't you being rude not looking at the person you're talking to?"

        "I don't want to know your love life," confessed Lucy.

        "Well, I want to know!"

        That sentence caught Lucy in a surprise, she couldn't help but want to take a look at the boy's face. Lucy stared into his eyes.

        "What?" he asked.

        "Hmm... Where do you sit in class?"

        "Huh, uh, second last row, most left."

        "You already met him."

        "Who?" Yag was curious.

        "Your soulmate." Lucy answered calmly.

        "What nonsense are you spewing?"

        "You bat for the other team, right?"

        "How did you-- Did you ask people to spy on me?" He was suspicious of her.

        "We met for the first time today, remember?" Lucy suddenly felt enthusiastic. "You should've told me earlier that you wanted to know who your partner is. I'll be glad to help."

        "So? Who is it? My classmate?"

        Lucy pointed to the backseat and said, "The one who always stared at your back."

        "Are you sure it's him? We've never talked before..." The boy was deep in thought.

        "Think properly, you did." Lucy smiled and encouraged him, "Go for it! No need to thank me."

        Yag walked out of her classroom merrily while Carrise walked in. "A consultation this early in the morning?"

        "A rare one" Lucy smirked.

        "Oo... Spicy," commented Carrise.