0th Meeting

"Mommy, I keep seeing a couple when I look into someone's eyes for the first time," confessed Lucy, feeling afraid of the unknown scenes playing in front of her.

        "A couple? Did you see it in mommy's eyes too?" asked mother.

        "Yeah, I saw it in dad's eyes too. The both of you have the same scene." answered Lucy.

        "What scene?"

        "Daddy was picking up the rambutan that fell from mommy's bag."

        "Isn't that our first meeting, honey?" confirmed father.

        "Hmm... Is it always a boy and a girl?" asked mother curiously.

        "I don't know." Lucy shook her head. "But aunty didn't have the same scene as uncle," said Lucy as she pointed to the house across them.

        "Tell us about it." Father was curious too.

        "Aunty was in her school uniform. She received a flower from a guy."

        "What about uncle?"

        "Uncle met a lady at work. The lady was handing him coffee."

        Mother tried to figure out what Lucy saw.

        The next day, Lucy saw the lady in front of uncle's house.

        "Daddy, mommy, that's the lady I saw in uncle's eyes."

        Father rushed to the window to see the drama unfold. The three of them watched quietly as the uncle left with the lady, leaving aunty crying alone.

        "Oh no, the uncle was having an affair," explained mother.

        "Don't you want to check up on her? Her husband just left her for another woman," suggested father. Mother nodded and went to comfort the poor aunty.

        "Affair?" Lucy asked innocently.

        "That happens when a person is unfaithful to their loved ones. They leave their loved ones behind for a new person," explained father. "However, that won't happen with us. I love you and your mom so much, that I already gave my whole life to her ---"

        "Hmm..." Lucy was lost in her own thoughts, ignoring her father's love story. Uncle is weird. Affair is bad.

        After that, Lucy told her parents about some couples in the neighbourhood who reflected a different person from their loved ones. Those couples ended up either breaking up or divorcing.

        "Don't you think that you're seeing a person's soulmate, dear?" Mother voiced her opinion.

        "Wow, you're so smart, honey!" praised father. "Yeah, that must be the case, seeing how they always ended up with who Lucy saw in their eyes."

        Since then, Lucy was determined to avoid any attempt to date or like anyone who wasn't her soulmate. She didn't want anyone to know the pain of being heartbroken. Little did she know that she would find hers so soon, and that she also found the reason people kept confessing to her.