Chapter Forty Nine

Start from the beginning

"I'm kidding." I laugh.

"Ross I'm to full for you to be joking right now." Laura complains.

"I will have nothing but smiles in this house." I demand.

"It's not a house it's a apartment." Laura says back.

"What did I say?"

I go up to Laura and wrap my arms around her and I heard her laugh. She tries to get out and she tells me to stop but I told her I'm not letting go until she's in a better mood. She finally gives in and I hear her laugh.

"That's better. Now you wash, I dry." I say picking up a tea towel.

I know Laura prefers to wash and even though I prefer that too, I'll let her do it this time.

We were washing and drying in comfortable silence when I feel this sudden splash of water land on me.

"What the?"

I look up at Laura and she has a cheeky smile on her face.

"You're going to wish you didn't do that." I say.

I slowly walk over to Laura and she is laughing so hard I think she might choke. I use this to my advange though. Before I knew it we were having a full blown water fight. There was water everywhere and we were both soaking wet but we didn't care. I trapped a hold of Laura and made sure she couldn't get way.

"I told you you'd wish you'd never did that." I tell her.

She turned around and looked into my eyes.

'No Ross, please don't, no." Laura squeals.

None of us spoke we just stared into each others eyes. I had a smile on my face and Laura started to smile to. I grabbed a bowl from the sink and filled it with water then tipped it over Laura's head while she was looking at me. I started laughing so much I couldn't breath. Just as Laura was about to get me back I heard my phone ringing.

"Saved by the bell." I call out getting my phone.

"You're lucky this time."

I look at my phone and see that it's Becca's .

"Hey Becca, what's up?"

I see Laura disappear from the kitchen for a while.

"Hey Ross, I wanted to invite you to a special party I'm having next week." Becca says excitedly.

Laura comes back with two towels and hands one to me and I mouth "Thank you." to her.

"A special party? What's so special about it?" I ask.

"That's a surprise for now."

"I don't see why I can't come." I reply.

"I was also wondering if Laura wanted to come as well?" Becca asks.

"Laura?" I question her.

Laura gives me a confused look.

"Yes, she was so helpful and I really want to her to come. Could you please just ask her it would mean a lot." Becca replies.

"I guess I could do that."

"There's something else." Becca says nervously.

I stay silent waiting for Becca to continue.

"The party, it's a joint party with, Noah."

"I don't know." I say unsure.

"Please just ask. It's really important and I want you both there." Becca pleads.

"I'm not making any promises but I'll see what she says."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Becca says gratefully.

Becca gives me the details and then we say our goodbyes and hang up.

Laura is sitting there looking at me still confused.

"So that was Becca." I say.

She nods her head waiting for me to go on.

"She wants us to come to a special party next week, her and Noah's special party." I tell her.

"Why both of us?"

"I don't know, she just said you've been so helpful and it was really important and she wanted us both there." I explain.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." I tell Laura.

"No I guess if she really wants me there I'll go. It has been long enough and I'm with you now."

I smile at this.

"Hey I just got a great idea. What about we have a date day" I ask excitedly.

"Date day?" Laura asks confused.

"Yeah a whole day of just us. Starting from when we wake up and it will go all day."

"Uh okay." Laura laughs.

"How about tomorrow?" I ask.

"Okay." Laura seems amused by my sudden spontaneous idea.

"I'm serious. Tomorrow is going to be the best day of your life."

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //