Chapter Forty Six

L a u r a

"If we leave in 15 minutes we'll still make it." I tell Ross putting my shoes back on.

I walk over to the mirror and fix what I can. I look over to Ross who is putting on his shirt.

"I think I can make that work. Maybe we'll have time to spare too." He says.

"You might have time to spare but because of you I don't."

Ross shrugs. "I'm hungry so I'm going to make some food quickly before we leave, if you have time feel free to join me."

Ross has this smug look on his face when he leaves. I am hungry and I will have time but I don't want to hear it from him. I can tell he is in that mood. I'm actually pretty much ready all I had to do was fix my messy hair and my smudged make up, nothing big. If he didn't have that smug look on his face then I wouldn't have a problem going down there.

I stick my head out the bedroom door and I can hear mumbles coming from downstairs. Someone must of come home and Ross must be talking to them. Perfect time to go down. Ross will be distracted by the conversation so he won't bug me about lying about having time to spare.

I start walking towards the kitchen and I hear a girls voice and I don't recognise it straight away. It doesn't sound like Rydel's or Stormie's, who else could it been? I walk in curious and I see Becca sitting there in tears and Ross trying to comfort her. I felt sorry for her. Seeing her earlier today I knew something was up and seeing her again now. I hardly know her but I can't help but feel like I should be comforting her too. Ross must of heard me because when I looked back up to him he was already looking at me with a sympathetic look across his face. Eventually Becca looked up and saw me standing here awkwardly.

"You know what I'm feeling so much better. Thank you for your help but I think I'll go now. I should be in my own home." Becca lies. She has tears rolling down her checks as she tries to convince us that she's okay.

"Come on I know you, that's bullshit! You don't feel better!" Ross says angrily. Maybe what they were talking about before I came down was the reason he was so angry because he doesn't usually get this worked up that easily.

"Ross." I stop him from saying anything else. The last thing Becca needs is Ross yelling at her.

"It's okay you don't have to leave." I tell Becca but she has a unsure look on her face.

"We don't have any plans anyway so its not like we had to be somewhere." I lie.

Ross looks like he is about to say something but luckily Becca cuts him off.

"No it's okay. I think I just need a nap in my own bed."

I look at Ross and then down at Becca and then back at him so hopefully he would catch onto the idea of trying to help Becca. Ross has this expression on his face which tells me that he understands now.

"No you're staying here until I know you're better and not lying about it." Ross tells Becca.

I see a small smile form on Becca's face.

"Thank you." She looks between us. "I really appreatice it." She says gratefully looking directly at me.

"At least let me wash my face. Where's the bathroom?" She asks Ross.

"I'll just show you, I don't want you getting lost."

They both walk off and I use this time to find any food I can and eat it before Ross gets back. I hear footsteps so I quickly try and swallow all the food in my mouth. Ross walks back in and I think I didn't get caught. He looks up at me and then smiles while walking up to me.

"What's on your face?" He laughs.

"What are you talking about?" I try to play off that I don't know what he's talking about.

He takes a closer look. "You have something all over your face."

"What? No I don't. Oh my god look at that!" I say shocked pointing to a random wall. While Ross turns around confused I use this time to try and wipe all the crumbs off my face, but Ross turns back around and catches me.

He laughs which causes me to start laughing as well.

"What were you trying to do?" Ross says in-between laughs.

Suddenly we hear the door shut. Someone must be home.

"That's probably Ryland." Ross says walking towards the door and I follow him.

When we get to the door no ones there. We look at each other confused.

"Hello?" He calls out. "Ryland?"

Still nothing.

Ross turns to me with a worried look on his face.

"Go check the bathroom to see if Becca's there." He instructs me before quickly running upstairs.

I go and check but no ones there, I check everywhere but nothing.

Ross comes back downstairs and he doesn't have to tell me anything I can tell by the look on his face that Becca wasn't up there.

"I hope she's okay." Ross says worried.

"I'm sure she will be." I reassure him.

I had no idea what Becca is like for all I knew she could actually be okay. After seeing her though I don't think she was okay. I have no idea why she left but if she wanted to be alone I think she should be.

"Sorry we missed out on that rug." Ross apologises.

"It wasn't important anyway."

We hear the door and we both look hoping that it was Becca returning but this time it really was Ryland.

"Why are you looking at me weird?" He asks.

"No reason." Ross replies for both of us.

"Weren't you guys meant to go out for the day?"

"Something came up and there was a change of plans." Ross tells him.

"You guys are disgusting." Ryland jokes before walking off.

"No its not like that." Ross calls out.

"I don't want to hear about it thank you." He calls back.

I can't help but laugh and Ross rolls his eyes half laughing.

"I'm still happy to go out and do something if you want to?"

"Maybe a early dinner or something?" I suggest.

"Sounds good to me."

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //