If anything, she was intrigued by the Alpha.

This wolf was pretty in her mind.

He's strong, though it didn't exactly intimidate her as it did the others.

Coming out from the underbrush, he caught her figure across the pond, sitting right on her rump as she waited for him.

He was right before, Sage had stopped their courtship run.

But what was the reason?

Being the Alpha, he had the ability to get into anyone's head, but as he attempted to slip into hers. He was abruptly thrown out and blocked. A growl sparked from her throat while her eyes narrowed.

She was testing him.

And he was going to pass.

His wolf came over with a sense of adoration, prancing with his tail high in the air as he was attempting to flirt. Sure, her eyes held amusement, but it flickered between this and defense.

She was both weary and curious, which caused him to lay on his stomach and crawl the rest of the way forward.

His apology came in the form of small licks on her paws, and when her attention turned down, he threw his neck up to lick her jaw.

Sage had not been prepared for his change of pace and growled, informing him that he was stepping out of bounds.

His third mistake was attempting to slip into her mind again, and she didn't hesitate before snapping her teeth down and huffed. His ears pinned down as he continued to blink silently. He didn't want to cause any more reason for her to be mad.

He then turned up to sit on his rump, his wolf towering hers.

Sage was already considered to be a larger wolf than most, the same size as her brothers, more or less.

The three weeks in Crescent Moon had done her well. Granted, the bandage had transferred to her wolf skin, and it threw an ounce of irritation to Remus' mind as he didn't know why it was there.

Had she been injured in the Rogue attack?

The Moon Goddess had blessed him with a beautiful mate, and he would surely give his thanks in a prayer or two before bed.

Not only was she beautiful, but her wolf was not phased in any regard at his size. Instead, she huffed once again, almost asking what he wanted.

As though she didn't know.

Of course, she didn't know.

There was no explanation given to her.

But if she just allowed him into her mind, then Remus would be happy to explain anything. Everything.

Truthfully, Sage was already bored with this male staring at her and trying to touch her. And it didn't take much to mute her feelings as she rose back to her feet and darted further off into pack territory.

Remus was left to sit in awe as he watched her shadowy form dominate the terrain, but this was the time to act. He followed after her, calling the strength of his elders teaches to catch up with her.

He surprised her by nipping at her feet, but the girl did not stop in any regard. Even if he was playful and adorable, it didn't catch her eye for long.

And that was starting to piss off his wolf.

So before he had any room for negotiation with his beast, he knocked her over, watching her tumble off to the left of the trial.