After a while, Kairn lay down beside me and gazed at the sky too.

"They misunderstand you, don't they? They just judge you because of how you seem." I spoke my mind while gazing at the clouds. "I'm sorry. I did too. But not in a bad way." I was gonna ramble.

"Huh?" He turned to me. I was still looking at the clouds.

"You aren't that mysterious bad boy, who's all closed off and has secrets or something."

He snorted. "I'm not."

"I mean you do have that eboy appearance going on." I snickered.

"You did not just...", he said trying to look offended. But his smile gave it away.

"How do you classify a bad boy though? I've never seen one in real life. Do they have a lot of tattoos? Are they emotionally stunted? Or in a gang? Beat people up, no wait are they bullies? Or... they smoke weed. They would stink a lot. Who would be attracted to them? Ew."

Kairn was looking at me all this while. He just laughed. I joined him soon, and we got back to looking at the clouds.

"Yeah, they're a different species, aren't that easy to spot."

A cloud floating away distracted me.

"That looks like a unicorn on a dolphin."

"How? It looks like a carrot and a turnip to me."

"What? Pfft-"

"That looks like a heart to me." He pointed at one.

"Yeah it does."

There was a rich silence between us.

"I don't know how I got that reputation. It's just... I can't talk to people freely, especially when we've just met. I guess, I appear closed off and rude. I don't have secrets. To be honest, there isn't much to me."

"I think there's plenty to you. Just not in the way people think." I said shaking my head while still looking at the clouds. I turned my head towards him, he was looking at me. I smiled.

"How you just spoke your mind that day without thinking, I think it's very brave." He said with a serious look.

"I think you mean weird and stupid. It was so awkward for a few seconds. And thank God for clarifying, I really thought you didn't like me and that's why you were cold to me."

"What no. I was just scared to talk to you. You're just so... "

"Awkward?"

He gave me an 'are you serious' look.

"No. I mean sometimes." He snickered. I tried to give him an angry look, but that just made him laugh. Okay, you didn't have to say it out loud. He continued.

"But how do I explain? You're so open and easy to talk to. All the guys love your company. Us being friends, it's all you. It's like I'm the bland, clear vegetable soup and you're chicken tikka masala or tteok... tteokbokki. I was and still am scared you will see me for what I am, a bland, clear vegetable soup."

Both of us were silent for a few seconds.

"So I'm awkward in a cool way?"

He scoffed, "that's what you got?" It was my turn to laugh.

"Pfft. That comparison is so stupid. You're seriously one the coolest guys I've ever met. No one can compete with your coolness here or at my old place."

"You sound like a child talking about his favourite cartoon character or something." He scoffed again. I chuckled. Then we both started laughing.

"You aren't bland. You're just... Kairn. And I very much like hanging out with Kairn, I don't see getting bored with him in the near future." I said seriously amidst the laughter. "And, I can be spicy enough for both of us," I gave him a smirk, but it turned into a cheeky grin.