Chapter Fourteen

The three moms and three kids stepped inside the house to see Cathy walking around the living room with Mae strapped to her chest in a baby harness, typing on her laptop, Kitty on the couch, writing in a notebook, occasionally humming a tune that Cathy would add onto. Anna was on the couch as well, bobbing her head hazardously to some song she was listening to through her headphones. 

Mary took Edward and Elizabeth upstairs to change, and when they returned, Anne was chatting with Kitty, and Cathy was sitting on the couch.

"Hey Mary, I wanted your help with this." Aragon said, waving her daughter over. Mary headed to the kitchen, where her mother was making snacks.

"So each queen's going to have their own song, as well as a couple group songs?" Anne asked Kitty. 

"Yeah. Anna's listening to some music that I wrote up and recorded earlier. Just a German tune, with a techno pop kind of thing, I don't know. Just popped into my head. No lyrics. Cathy's working on the finale song. I'm working on my song." Anne glanced at the paper Kitty was writing on, titled All You Wanna Do.

She quickly turned to her phone, and scrolled through her pictures, until she found a picture of her hand, with writing on it. Don't Lose Ur Head. Cathy walked behind her, and glanced at Anne's phone quickly. "That's not how you spell you're  Annie." She said, walking around the couch to sit beside her.

"Yeah I know. It was just quicker. What's your song called?"

"I Don't Need Your Love. Then there's a remix that all of us sing." Cathy kissed her cheek, before taking Mae out of the harness, and unbuckling it. Anne took Mae quickly, so Cathy could put the harness away.

"Hey baby girl. You look so pretty." Anne said as her daughter came over.

"Is Mae my sister?" Lizzie asked.

"Lizzie, I suppose she is. But how to you feel about me and Cathy dating?"

Lizzie smiled, and jumped up and down. The green dress Mary had picked out for her bopped. "Yay!!!!"

Cathy walked back over and smiled. "There's my three favorite girls." She took Mae from Anne, and Lizzie crawled into Anne's lap. Cathy started typing on her laptop again, humming a catchy tune.

Anne typed up some lyrics on her phone, then watched as Lizzie fell asleep. Cathy, who rarely slept, started drifting off as well. She smiled and took a selfie of the four of them, and set her phone down so she could take Mae from Cathy before she dropped her. Then apparently she was tired, and started to fall asleep. 

Kitty, who was still writing nearby, on an armchair, smiled, and took Mae, and put her in the little crib they kept in the living room. Edward was curled up, and asleep on the fluffy rug, so Kitty picked him up and placed him on the second couch. Jane was sitting on the second couch, and covered him with a blanket. Catherine and Mary entered, carrying some snack trays.

Suddenly, there was a sharp knock on the door. Cathy shot upright, wide awake, and stood up. She walked to the window, and peeked outside. She immediately slammed the curtains shut, and turned to the queens, including Anne who was also awake. Mary sensed something was wrong, and managed to pick up both Edward and Lizzie. She headed to the very large closet they had dubbed "the safe room," and carefully layer them both down on the couple of camping beds Jane had put in there. Then she got Mae, and closed the door behind her.

Notebooks, laptops, and headphones forgotten, all six queens walked to the door. Cathy opened it. Standing outside was a group of men. Henry, Thomas Seymour, Henry Mannox, Francis Derham (spelling?), and Thomas Culpepper. Plus a few more.