Chapter Eight

Anne got flashbacks as they entered the tower. She took a deep breath and took another step. Kitty glanced at her, having flashbacks as well, and squeezed her hand before turning and following Anna and Cathy.

"We'll look on the left side, you search the right side. There's something here we'll remember." Anna tells them, before heading up the staircase.

Jane nodded, and Aragon and Anne turned and followed her up the other staircase. There was a door, that Anne sweared wasn't there when she was beheaded.

Suddenly, the door banged. From the inside. Aragon quickly turned to her yellow key in her purse and unlocked the door. 

It clicked. And then the nob turned, and the door opened. A fifteen year old girl wearing an deep orange backpack and holding a blonde haired toddler stepped out, her other hand clutching a curly redhead young girl who was maybe seven, who was wearing a lime green backpack and holding a small silver backpack.

Aragon was the first to recognize the fifteen year old. "Mary?" She asked.

"Mother!" Mary cried, wanting to reach out and hug her.

"Lizzie?" Anne asked the little girl.

"Mommy!" Elizabeth dropped Mary's hand, and gripped Anne's leg, and Anne dropped to hug her.

"Daddy killed you?!" She murmured, gripping Anne as if she would disappear.

"I'm not going anywhere baby girl. I'm here and I'm not leaving. We have a second chance."

"Hi Mary." Jane smiled warmly at Mary, who she had helped raise because Henry sucked.

"Jane. I think you'll like this one." Mary shifted the toddler, to reveal Jane's son Edward. "Edward, this is your mom." She whispered in his ear.

"My mommy?" Edward asked. "You told me stories about Mommy."

"This is her Edward."

Jane held her breath.

"Can she hold me?" Edward asked. "I want to hug her."

Jane wanted to cry.

"Of course Edward. Here you go." Mary passed her brother to Jane, who sobbed into his hair as he wrapped his tiny arms around her.

"I missed you...Mommy." Edward said.

Jane cried more.

Anne was crying as well, gripping her daughter.

Aragon hugged Mary. "Did you ever become queen?" She asked.

"I-I don't remember. I'm sure I did, it's like a fantasy though. Lizzie was queen. People liked her. I don't know how I remember that. What happened Mother?"

"An Angel reincarnated us Mary. For a second chance at life. We're still figuring out why." 

Mary nodded. "Where are the others? Cleves, Howard, and Parr?"

"On the left side. Looking for something familiar."

Mary turned pale. "No. No. No. I know what they're looking for. We have to stop them." She took off, down the stairs, and they saw her dart up the other staircase.

Anne and Jane grabbed their children, before following Aragon, who had run after Mary.

Mary managed to block the way of Cleves, who was about to open the door, that people were banging on on the left staircase.

"Don't! Don't Anna!" She cried.

"Why?" Anna said.

"I'm positive he's in there." She said.