Chapter Eighteen

Shakily, Mary was led into the Lyric Theatre. Luckily today was only a one show day, and they'd have plenty of time to help her review the choreography and help her get ready.

"Mary, sweetheart, you aren't Sophie's size so you'll have to use one of the lady-in-waiting costumes. I'm sure the audience will be thrilled to have he fort K Howard performing for them tonight. Don't worry. Me and your mother will be up there with you I promise. Although Catherine won't be performing, she'll be using her day off in the wings to support you." Jane had taken Mary's hand after she had been brought t the dressing room.

Suddenly, Colette came into the room. "Jane! Look what Hana and I found!" Hana brought a costume in, but none of them recognized it. It was obviously an alternate costume, and it was black and teal with a skirt that was similar to K Howard's with the translucent teal half open skirt. But the costume also had sleeves like Anne Boleyn, and the chevron front patterning like Catherine. It was a two piece. 

Hana held it up. "We have no idea where it came from. We went onto the stage to try to find Colette's jacket she left yesterday, and it was draped over the keyboard."

"Mary, I think it might be yours." Kitty whispered from beside her adopted step-sister. (Technically Jane adopted Kitty like forever ago, and then Jane and Catherine got married, making the two of them adopted step-sisters. Totally forgot that.)

Mary reached out for it and slowly took it from Hana, the material was metallic like all the costumes were. besides Jane's who's costume was totally different fro the rest.

"Okay then, give me a couple minutes. I'm going to grab some of the clothes I leave here for some reason and change so I can remember the choreography." She went to the corner of the room where there was a duffle bag. Inside the duffle bag was a loose top, some leggings, and joggers. She quickly changed into those and tied her hair back into that stubborn braid.

"Great, okay Mary, for Ex-Wives, all your partnering work will be done with Hana. I'm sure you know the words. We start here, and do our poses." Colette was the dance captain, and she started helping Mary with the dances. Slowly but surely, Mary began to remember the choreography she'd learnt a couple years ago when she was fifteen. 

Mary was a talented dancer and singer even though she had no training. It was now one hour to showtime, and they had just finished reviewing the choreography for Megasix. Mary started on her makeup. She borrowed some teal glitter for her eyelids from Colette, who probably stole it from Cherelle. And used her soft pink lip stain she carried in her purse. She pulled her hair back into a high ponytail a took a spiked ponytail clip from Colette.

Finally, she slipped on her new alternate costume, and her special heeled boots. 

"Let's do a live!" Colette cries. "Because I already told the queendom I would." She added softer.

She took her phone and started an Instagram live. "Hey everyone! Guess what! We have a SiX veteran right here performing with us today! She's the first K Howard to ever perform, like SiX opening night. Mary Richard-Noel!"

Mary moved into the camera view. "Hi everyone! It's about forty minutes to places, and I'm very excited to be performing here for the first time! Last time I've ever performed was at the Arts. Any questions?"

"Oh yes I am wearing a new costume from Gabriella Slade." That was what they called Victoria, who designed all the costumes. The resurrection and Victoria was their best kept secret.

"Colette, someone wants to join the live." Hana said.

"Oh who is it?" Colette turned away from pinning her hair. "Oh definitely admit them."