Three seconds.

He looks to our goal but doesn't have a clear shot. He passes it back to me, and without a second thought, I aim for the net.

I hear a collective intake of breath from the crowd. At this very moment, everything seems to go in slow motion. I watch with bated breath as the puck goes in between the legs of the goaltender and inches across the blue line.

Before I can even comprehend what just happened, the Blaze's goal horn sounds. Holy pucking shit... Pun intended.

I stand frozen on the ice. I see my teammates throw themselves over the board and toss their gloves and sticks. I look at Deacon. He unsnaps his helmet and the biggest smile overtakes his face. He jumps into me, making me lose my balance. We fall onto the ice with a thump. I don't even register the pain from the fall because I'm on cloud nine.

The rest of the team comes piling onto us. I can barely breath, but who the fuck cares. WE WON THE STANLEY CUP!

We're all rolling on the ice, laughing, yelling, and maybe a few tears are shed. This. This is what hockey is all about.

Miles, being the himbo he is, jumps onto the pile with his heavy ass goalie gear. I hear loud groans, probably from the guys he landed on. Classic Miles.

When we stand up, I see that we're not the only ones celebrating. The coaches, trainers, and staff are hugging by the benches. Are those tears on Coach Matt's cheeks?

He eventually gets onto the ice and we all hurtle over to him. Ignoring the fact that he's dressed in a suit, we all lift him into the air. When we lower him, he grabs onto my shoulder and looks me directly in the eye. "Baylor, you never cease to amaze me. A teammate, a captain, a friend, a father"— he winks. "You make me a very proud coach." He pulls me into a hug. I have to squeeze my eyes shut so no tears will escape.

When form a line to shake hands with the Vancouver Canucks, I remind myself to stay humble. Not only am I proud of our team, but I'm proud of the Nucks, as well. I know they were our opponents, but their fight and grit deserves recognition.

When I look to the crowd, the sea of red and gold are practically shaking the stands. Even as I'm pulled to the side for an interview, the crowd continues to scream and shout. I'm so damn appreciate of how supportive the Blaze fans are.

Cameras are flashing pictures and microphones are shoved into my face. Usually, I'd be annoyed by that, but the chaos actually has be chuckling. Sometime during the celebration process, a hat is put on my head. Chaotic would be an understatement.

Then, a red carpet appears on the ice. A fucking red carpet. Everyone's head turns to the tunnel as the ginormous silver trophy is carried out and set on the table. Come to daddy.

This moment, the moment I have dreamed of since I was a little boy playing club hockey, has finally come. I'm so overcome with emotion that I forget to breathe.

The commissioner begins speaking, but I can't hear a thing over my rapidly beating heart. I feel a slight nudge from my side where Deacon stands. "Dude, he's calling you up." I look to the commissioner. He's waiting expectantly for me to get the cup.

With a huge smile on my face and maybe a few tears running down my face, I skate forward and shake hands with him. Then, I take the thirty four and a half pound trophy into my hands. I kiss it then hoist it up into the air and push off the ice to skate my victory lap. No words can describe this overwhelming feeling. Nothing could possibly taint this moment.