21. life is a whirlwind

o l i v i a

I guess my motherly instincts were right... I'm having a girl! All I want is a healthy baby, but I'm secretly excited I'll be having a baby girl. I am beyond happy and grateful. I can't wait to dress her in pink onesies and enroll her into ballet classes once she can walk.

This gender reveal surpassed any of my expectations. Well, I didn't have any expectations to begin with, but I would have never imagined all of my friends—new and old—to share my excitement. It's crazy to think that a few months ago, I couldn't even fathom having any support, aside from Anna and Hayden, during my pregnancy. Now, there's no shortage of love and my support system is stronger than ever.

Again, my thoughts steer toward my family. I really want to amend my relationship with them, but I just don't want their negative energy around me. They call me immature for the following my dreams, getting pregnant before marriage, and falling in love with a man I haven't known for long.

I have dealt with their constant criticism for years. I've finally had enough. Until they apologize and stop treating me as if i were a child, I will continue to isolate myself from them.

"What's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" Parker puts his hand on my thigh, maintaining eye contact on the road as we drive to the set of Jimmy Fallon's show.

I give him a weak smile. "Well, I was thinking about my family. But, I realized they can't spoil my happiness. I'm just picturing how perfect our little family will be."

He gives me a gentle squeeze on my thigh. "You, me, and baby Baylor, against the world?"

"Against the world," I affirm.

We pull into the parking lot and my nerves start to ride. I am finally confirming my pregnancy on national television. Considering how much I've been exposed to the public because of my modeling career, I shouldn't be scared. But, I am. This isn't just any interview. I know most questions will center on my personal life. Breathe, Ollie.

As I'm escorted into my dressing room, Parker heads into the audience. Once the makeup artist and hair stylist are finished glamming, I open the garment bag to see a bronze gown. When I put it on, the dress falls right below my knees. The neckline is modest, which I appreciate because my chest has grown quite significantly. My barely visible baby bump looks bigger because of the tight fit of the dress.

Three knocks sound on the door of my dressing room. "Olivia, five minutes warning," a man calls out. I quickly put on black stilettos and give myself a once over in the mirror, before heading backstage. Wish me good luck.

•••

"Olivia Windsor! It is such a pleasure to have you on the show tonight," Jimmy welcomes me as I get settled in my seat.

"Thank you for having me, Jimmy," I reply with a smile.

"Since this is your first time on the show, I want to get to know you better. So, you moved to New York City from your home in New Jersey, when you were eighteen. How was that adjustment?"

"Being a wide eyed new adult, ready to take on the world, I definitely didn't have the most realistic expectations. I thought my life would be absolutely glamorous, which proved to be not true, when I first made the move. One thing was for sure," I say. "I was determined to become a model and was prepared to do anything to make that dream come true."