Chapter 18: Fair Game

Start from the beginning

"I'm giving you 10 minutes." She pants, beating the shit out of me." Phew! You are troublesome." As she grows bored of hitting me with the cushion, she gets up from the couch.

Fine.

You started this.

Before she could get up, I grab her, pulling her back into the couch. But this time, she was under me while I was hovering over her body. Weaponizing myself with a cushion, I get myself ready for the war. An unexpectedly loud dark chuckle escapes from me that echoes the whole room, scaring away all the demons.

"Well...let me confirm that I'm troublesome," I say. Voice lacing with the eagerness of taking revenge as well as actions. But not long after, she also arms herself with a pillow.

And the fair game begins.

But suddenly, the infuriating creaking sound of the door disrupts our childish fight. As we both bob our heads toward the person who just entered.

"Oops...Sorry. Wrong time." Jimin apologizes. Quickly turning back as if he is preventing his eyes from seeing some unholy stuff.

I swear I could see a hint of pink on his cheeks.

But why?

"Ah! Get off from me." Yuri pushes me. The sudden realization of reality belabors me with its fists. I was on top of her lap while she was holding my collar, which caused three buttons to unhook. Her lip tint messed up as well as our hairs.

That seems so wrong.

This is embarrassing.

"Uh...when did you come here, Chim?" I ask, changing the topic. But inside, the embarrassment is burning me to ashes.

"I just came here as Yuri invited me to lunch." Jimin hesitantly responds. And the thick air of awkwardness glooms the atmosphere.

"Oh! Great. I should get ready now." I state, cutting through the thick atmosphere. My feet threatening my body to run off from this situation.