the ticci toby situation .

i didn't know that some Creepypasta fans didn't know this sooner , but I'm going to talk about why we have to respect Ticci Toby's creator's decision to remove him from the fandom .

Ticci Toby was made while he was around 11-15 , somewhere around there I'm pretty sure , but that was when he was going through some bad things , and therefore made a comfort character to carry his trauma ; Ticci Toby was the comfort character , and now look how popular he has gotten .

but how would you feel if the character you made purely to hold your trauma became so popular ?
that's basically like saying your trauma became popular and loads of people knew about it , made fanfics about it , transformed it into an anime character (pretty much) , and just overall reclaimed the character as a completely different one .

his trauma is not a waffle-obsessed , soft , childish teen with Tourette's .
he is a suffering , emotionally scarred , depressed adult .

also , his design has been stolen by countless companies and his creator hasn't seen a single penny out of any of it .

so please respect the creator .

he is doing a reboot of the character , but can we please no longer use his trauma to make another separate character ?

please , just think about being in his shoes .
he wants him to be removed because his past trauma is resolved , I hope . and he doesn't want to relive it through an altered version of his character .
one that the fandom has pretty much reclaimed .

so please , just leave it and do your research .

~wildfire