"From what I understand, you have been through much. I just have a few questions before we get started." She smiled. I nodded in agreement, anxious to get this over with.

"Have you ever been pregnant?" She asked, looking down at the clip board. I hesitated to answer. Honestly, I had no idea. As a young girl, my period was inconsistent, and with all the 'opportunity' I had to be pregnant, there was no doubt in my mind that an accidental pregnancy had to have happened. I obviously would have lost the child, but there was no doubt in my mind that I had at one point been pregnant.

"I- I'm not sure." I mumbled out. She raised an eyebrow and looked at me questioningly.

"If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean?" Clearly the poor doctor was puzzled by my response.

"I was raped multiple times by my foster parents and my ex boyfriend. I was young when it happened, but there have been a few times when I thought I was pregnant. I eventually started getting birth control from a friend, but there must have been a time when I was pregnant." I felt emotion swell in my throat, and I repressed it, best I could, but the doctor seemed to notice.

"Adi, I am so sorry that happened to you, and I am glad you are so strong to make it through that. Does it ever come back to you?" She questioned all while taking notes.

"Sometimes I will feel like I'm back there, and sometimes I can see them." I shivered at the memories, letting one tear fall. She set down the clip board and took hold of my hand.

"If you ever feel the desire to seek help for coping or want to look into medications, I can find someone for you to talk to." She smiled down at me. I returned the sad smile, before she let go of my hands and picked up the clip board again.

"In that case, you are very lucky. I have found signs of rape, and checked for venereal disease as well as pregnancy. I found neither you are not pregnant and clean." She continued to read from her notes. I couldn't help the sigh of relief that escaped.

"As far as our current situation, the bandage must stay on for another two days, and it must be changed every 12 hours or so. I'm sure Wilder would be more than happy to assist you in changing and rewrapping." She smiled and gave me a quick pat on the shoulder. Her hand comforted me in a strange way, and I felt as though I could trust her.

"Thank you doctor." I smiled. She nodded, before laying me down, and pulling the IV out of my arm. She bandaged up the injection site, and helped me back into a sitting position.

"You are good to leave today if you'd like." I quickly nodded in agreement, excited to leave the hopsital.

"One more thing, if you want birth control or any other medications, don't hesitate to come on down for a visit. You're always welcome." Her smile was contagious. I returned it as she made her way to the door.

"Actually Doctor, I would like birth control pills." I stated just before she left.

"You got it. I'll send Wilder back in." She quickly stated before slipping out the door. I sighed in relief, because for once I felt in control of life again. Wilder walked through the door moments later, and quickly walked over to me.

"Dr. Heidi gave these to me." He grumbled before handing me the bottle of birth control pills. I took them from him and slipped them into the pocket of my sweater. Wilder helped me onto my feet, and wrapped one of my arms around his shoulders. Although he was much taller than me, it still helped to someone to lean on. We made our way to the door, and as we reached it, I felt my knees crumple below me. Wilder was quick to scoop me into his arms, and stop me from falling. I muttered a quick thanks before he opened the door. I was blindsided by the large crowd that waited in the hospital waiting room. The hospital wasn't very large, and judging from the lack of windows, I assumed it was under ground. Wilder quickly made his way through the yelling crowd, trying to escape as quickly as possible with me in his arms.

"Luna!" I heard multiple people from the crowd shout out.

"Are you okay?" I heard more unintelligible shouting. I quickly turned my head into Wilder's chest, trying to shield myself from the crowd's gaze. They were all looking at me.

"It's okay baby girl, we'll get you out of here quickly." He whispered in my ear, causing shivers to wrack my body. The crowd was growing more and more concentrated as we approached the stairs to an upper level, proving my theory of being under ground correct. Soon the crowd had gathered around us too close, and Wilder ceased movement. I whimpered uncomfortably into his chest, and he clearly noticed.

"Everyone!" Wilder spoke, demanding attention, forcing the crowd to become silent. "Your Luna has just been released from the hospital. She is excited to meet you all, just not at this moment. Make way!" Wilder demanded. The crowd pushed to the sides of the hall, and left a clear path to the door. Wilder quickly began to move to the door, but my attention was directed to a young girl at the end of the hall crying.

"Put me down!" I demanded, trying to jump from his arms. He held me tighter and furrowed his eyebrows. What doesn't he understand about down? I flicked his chest, and he released me slowly to the floor. I quickly bent down to her level, and gently rubbed her shoulder. Her wide brown eyes looked up at me in sorrow.

"What's your name?" I asked softly. My heart broke as the tears continued to pour.

"Ca-Cassie." She hiccuped mid answer, causing my heart to swell with love. She was adorable I quickly reached up and wiped the large tears from her cheeks.

"How old are you, Cassie?" I asked with a huge smile on my face. She smiled back.

"This many." She smiled, holding up four fingers. 

"Thats a lot!" I exclaimed, causing her to giggle softly. "Why are you crying?" I asked softly, and wiped a few more tears off her cheeks.

"I- I wanted to meet the L-Luna!" She wailed once more, and I couldn't help but feel as though her tears were my fault.

"Can I tell you a secrete?" I asked softly. She stifled her tears, and nodded excitedly. I laughed at her determination.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I teased, but she held out her pinky finger for me to lock my own with. I chuckled and locked my little finger with hers.

"I am the Luna." I whispered in her ear. It wasn't loud enough for any human to hear, besides the one being told, but I guess in a room of werewolves, no one could keep secretes. Everyone in the room chuckled and awe'd. Cassie looked at me in shock, and launched herself into my arms. I fell back onto my butt, and Wilder growled slightly, but I glared up at him. Cassie's frightened eyes met mine, but I poked her nose playfully. She giggled and hugged me tighter.

"I promise not to tell, Luna." She whispered, not so quietly, in my ear. I laughed and returned her hug.

"Thank you, Cassie." I smiled, and returned her to her family, before picking myself up off the floor, with little help from Wilder. He picked me back up, and carried me up the stairs, escorting me up another floor and into his bedroom. 

<>

Chapter 13! I loved writing this chapter, even if it was just a filler chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Happy new year, and I hope things are going better for everyone. I live in the US, and with everything going on right now, it is all so overwhelming. The chaotic nature of politics could just drive me mad, but we will push through together. Just putting this out there:

Black lives matter!

If you disagree, you are ignorant! Thats all I have to say. Thank you for reading, and I hope we are all staying strong in this crazy time. If you need to talk or are ever feeling lonely, reach out and chat with me. Thank you for reading.

I love all of you so very much. Comment. Vote. Talk to me please!

Have a good one peeps!

Love

-B

1/9/21