26: Above Water

Depuis le début

"Did you just poke me in the chest?"

"Yes, I did and I would do it again." I placed my hands on my hips and stared him in the eye defiantly.

"No one's ever poked me in the chest before." He scoffed and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Awww, are you gonna cry, little guy?" I teased as I poked him over and over again.

"Stop it." He caught my finger but I continued to poke him with my other hand until he took a hold of it. He pulled my arms closer to himself, causing me to stumble and fall on his chest, then, he steadied me by wrapping an arm around my waist.

I felt my face heat up as I realized I was pressed up against Derrek's chest and our faces were mere inches away from each other. My heart began to pound in my chest and a shiver passed through me as his warm breath fanned my face. Slowly, I looked up to stare in his eyes as I wondered what his eyes looked like up close.

Derrek's eyes were already focused on me, they stared so intensely that it made my stomach flip. I felt myself get lost in his brown orbs and I never wanted to look away. I wanted to get even closer to them, to him.

"Tiara." I heard Derrek whisper my name as his eyes stared at my lips for a moment or two. He proceeded to lean in closer and I instinctively leaned in as well, as my eyes fluttered closed.

A moment passed and then two but nothing happened. Just as I opened my eyes, I was lifted off from the ground and strapped over Derrek's shoulder effortlessly, like, I weighed absolutely nothing.

"Derrek!" I squealed as the world turned upside down from my positioning. "What are you doing? Put me down!"

"No way! You dared to poke me, so, you will have to face the consequences." He said as he began to walk.

"Consequences? You can't be serious! Set me down!" I struggled, swinging my arms and legs but he only gripped my waist tighter. "I'll pinch your butt if you don't put me down now!"

"No, you won't." He disagreed. He knew me enough to know I would never do such a thing. However, he didn't know me well enough to know I was resourceful.

"I won't but I will do this." I began to tickle his back and the sides of his body.

"Tiara, what the hell!" Derrek shrieked as he reacted to my tickling. I continued my torture until he set me down but the action wasn't so smooth and we both ended up down on the sand with me falling right on top of him and our foreheads colliding.

"Ouch!" I groaned as I rolled off Derrek onto the sand. My head had started to throb. "I always knew you had a metal skull, robot boy."

"And I always knew you had pillow for brains, fluffy." He retorted and I hit his arm as I sat up. He laughed, sitting up as well. "I feel like I was attacked by a woman sized pillow, so soft."

"That's not funny, you asshole." I glared at him as he got up to his feet. He stretched his hands out to me and I eyed them before placing my hands in them.

"I thought I was robot boy." He smirked as he pulled me up to my feet and I rolled my eyes.

"I think we've established the fact that you are a lot of things, Mr Tree." I said as I drew my hand from his.

"As are you, Tiana." Derrek winked before turning away. He interlaced his hands behind him and strolled in the direction of the yacht.

"Derrek, where are you going?" I called after him.

"To the yacht!" He spun around to face me and walked backwards. "There's a really nice wine waiting in the cooler if you're interested. There's an entire meal laid out actually but if you want to stay here, all alone on the hot dry sand, be my guest." With that said, he turned around and continued on his way.