59: You Should Leave

A/N:

Thanks for the 12k reads

❤️❤️❤️

"This does not surprise me at all." I said as I read the latest article written on Candice and I. The headline read: Candice Woods breaks down as husband's alleged mistress shows up at launch party.

"Are they allowed to just post whatever they like?" Benjamin scoffed beside me and I gave a heavy sigh. I was honestly tired of all the drama with Candice and Ruby. It had ruined my life and reputation already.

Naborhi's friend, Bolarin had called me a few days ago, telling me that I had to withdraw from the arts and crafts show because of the bad press surrounding me. I had lost my one shot to show my work to the world and it was all because of Candice.

I should have never challenged her. I should have just left Derrek alone and moved on with my life like I was supposed to. If I had, none of this would have happened. I had learnt my lesson now anyway. It wasn't worth it ruining my life over some guy who didn't even have feelings for me. I sighed as I recalled the conversation I had with Derrek on that rainy night.

*

We didn't meet by accident, Tiara. I knew who you were before the night we met." Derrek confessed and I glanced up at him in shock.

"Ehn?"

"Candice and I targeted you on purpose, for our own selfish reasons."

"You what?" I got up to my feet enraged. He had approached me on purpose? And Candice was a part of this too? God, I felt so stupid.

"Please, let me explain. I owe you at least that."

"Derrek—"

"Please." He pleaded, taking a step towards me and I jumped back, returning to my spot at the edge of the bed.

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared down at the ground. He took my silence as a go ahead to continue, giving a heavy sigh before speaking.

"My father has controlled my life for a very, very long time. He has had my entire life planned out and what I want has never mattered to him. It's either his way or the high way and I was sick of it.

After years of grooming me into becoming the perfect heir to take over D-Tech, my father decided that I wasn't fit to run his company all because he didn't approve of my relationship with Candice."

I glanced up at Derrek to see he was staring at the door to the right of me. He had a frown on his face as he spoke and he clenched his jaw for a moment before he continued. He moved to my dressing table and leaned on it.

"He took everything from me; my house, my car, everything. The only thing I had left to my name was the money I had earned and saved in a bank but I couldn't live off of that forever. I was stubborn though and I wasn't going to beg him to take me back. I was going to start my life anew and I was going to live just fine without him. That was my plan until Candice got pregnant."

My eyes widened in shock at his revelation. Candice was pregnant? For who? Him?

"I had a baby on the way to think about and although I hated it, I needed my job back, so, I went back to my father to plead with him but that man was just too stubborn. He didn't care that Candice was having his grandchild, he just wanted her out of my life for good. He didn't want someone with her reputation as a part of his family, so, he offered to pay her off to leave and when she refused he had us thrown out.