1: I'm Engaged

A/N:

If you're reading this, you have no idea how much you've made my day :)

So, without further ado, here's Chapter one.

Lezz gettit!!!!!

CHAPTER 1: I'M ENGAGED!

---Tiara's POV---

I was born on the seventh of September and so were they. My best friends; Anaborhi Oyibo, Zioranmachukwu Eze and Zahrah Shehu or as I called them; Naborhi, Ziora and Zahrah.

We'd been inseparable ever since we'd met on our first day in primary one, eating, playing, crying and having fun together. We'd even celebrated our birthdays together.

We remained best friends until our secondary school graduation where we parted ways.

Naborhi had travelled out to Canada, studying business management in the University of Ottawa. Ziora had gone to Cambridge University to study medicine being the smartest girl in our school and Zahrah had gone to Australia to study computer engineering while I studied Accountancy at the New York University.

As the years passed we began to talk to each other less and less until it stopped all together.

I never really thought anything of it as we were all busy but I always knew when I needed them, they would've been there for me.

I struggled to make it through the University and a few years later, I graduated with a Bsc in Accountancy.

My dream was to become an artist and I had only gone to the University to get my degree as a back up plan.

I made my way back to Nigeria after the University and immediately started work in my parents law firm but on the side, I painted and went to several art studios, trying to get them to display my works but it never worked out and when it did, I never made a lot from it.

My parents had encouraged me to give up but I couldn't stop doing what I loved.

Three years after graduation, I'd made no progress with my artworks and the passion I'd once had for art eventually died down.

My life made no sense and I was depressed most nights, thinking of how great my life would've been if I wasn't cursed.

Yes, I believed I was cursed. It was the only way to explain why everything I did never worked out. I was pretty sure the only reason I still had a job was because my parents owned the law firm.

It looked like everyone had moved on in life, leaving me behind and it hurt every time I thought about it.

I didn't have luck with love either. Every guy I got serious with always seemed to be too good to be true or be too bad for me.

As if my life wasn't bad enough, I got a call from Ziora inviting me to her wedding in London.

Apparently, she worked at some big shot hospital in London where she had been doing her residency and had also met her fiance there. He was a well known surgeon in London and very rich at that.

For the first time in eight years, all four of us chatted through facetime, setting up the dates on when we were going to fly over London for the wedding and reunion.

Zahrah had completed her University and owned a boutique in Vienna which was popular all over the country. She had been dating a business man from Saudi Arabia and he was rumoured to be from royalty although Zahrah never confirmed it.