73: Truthfully

A/N:

Thank you guys so much for 20,000 reads on LLAML!! I never thought anyone would like this book this much. I truly appreciate each and every one of you that have read, voted for and/or commented on this book.

God bless you all.

I'm dedicating this chapter to all my lovely readers.

❤️❤️❤️

"Oh, look! You're still alive!" Ziora said sarcastically as soon as I opened the door leading into my house. Tosin was right behind her, glaring at me.

"Hi." I gave a guilty smile as I stepped aside for them to walk in.

"If that's all you have to say after completely abandoning your friends, I might just have to hit you in the face." Ziora scoffed, eyeing me before stepping into the house.

"I might just hit you too." Tosin agreed as well, scowling at me as she walked in and I gave a sigh, shutting the door.

I hadn't seen my friends since the day of Ruby's accident. They had tried to meet up the morning after I was released from the station but with my parents coming home, I had asked them to postpone their visit. After that, I had come up with one excuse or the other to avoid them, the reason being that I couldn't get it out of my head that one of them might have betrayed me.

The police had questioned Ziora and Zahrah but I hadn't meet up with Tosin either, knowing I couldn't hide my suspicions from her. I needed time to think about it all before I said anything to anyone. I knew I was going to have to confront them eventually but I was scared of what I would have found out. I didn't have many real friends, so, I would have been completely shattered if I found out that my friend was just an enemy in disguise.

Ziora and Tosin had come by my house unannounced and I could have had the gate man tell them I wasn't around but I decided it was time to find out the truth.

"I'm sorry I've been distant. I just had a lot on my mind." I said as we walked into the living room.

Ziora and Tosin settled on the longest couch and simultaneously crossed their legs and arms. It had almost looked rehearsed. It also didn't help that they were both dressed in tracksuits and sneakers. They looked like they had dressed comfortably to kick my butt.

"We know you're going through a lot but we are your friends. We were worried about you." Tosin said and I sighed, nodding in understanding.

"She's right. You could have returned one of my eighty-seven missed calls or at least texted me back to say you were okay." Ziora added in an annoyed voice. She had called me a lot and I truly felt bad for ignoring her calls and texts.

I was silent for a few moments, contemplating what I should have said next. I felt like I needed to be honest and direct in asking the question that had been bugging my mind, then again, I wished I could have ignored it and pretended like nothing happened. I would have suspected my friends for nothing if Detective Kabir had been untruthful about the testimony. It had been a trick I had seen detectives use on crime series on TV after all. I could have just been over thinking all of it.

I gave a sigh, deciding on my next move. I had decided not to stay silent anymore. If I had anything on my mind, I wanted to say it and get it off my chest once and for all. I had spent my entire life bottling up all my problems and thoughts and where did that get me? It made me hot headed and prone to violence, picking fights at every turn and taking my anger out on whoever as much as rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't want to be that person anymore.

"The truth is that something has been bothering me ever since I was questioned at the police station." I started and my friends stayed silent after my pause, waiting for me to go on. "I wish Zahrah was here to hear this but I'm just going to say it anyway."