Chapter 6

An overflow of power flows through Izuku's veins like a surging waterfall, and the world seems so slow. Izuku could see every single detail. The beast is tall, probably taller than All Might. His veins bulge through his skin, deep dark purple. The thing must be a half-bird, its brain exposed with its eyes popping out of its skull with red crawling around the eyes. The beast has a long triangular beak. The thing stares down at Izuku. Izuku readies his fist, waiting for the thing to make the first move.

The Sharingan studies everything about the beast: the height, the width, potential power, and when the muscles move. With a big body like that, it should be difficult for the beast to charge. With Izuku's small stature and speed, he should be able to dodge any hits.

He was wrong.

The beast's muscles flexed. It's coming. In the blink of an eye, the beast was already in front of Izuku, cocking back its massive fist. How did it move so fast? Izuku bends himself, barely dodging the strike as it crashes into the ground. The crash sends Izuku flying backward near the wall of fire. What strength, Izuku thinks. Not only it's strong, but it also has the speed to back it up. It's almost like a copy of All Might. But that's impossible. No one or thing should be close to his level in terms of pure destruction powers. Izuku returns to his feet, his eyes refocusing on his target.

Izuku takes a second to catch his breath. The flames behind Izuku crawl his back. The heat leaping into his body. The beast turns its face to Izuku as if it's studying him. Those buggy eyes gaze into Izuku's soul. He could only wonder why it was so empty. 

The beast takes a step toward Izuku—a long encumbering stride. Izuku looks past it to the long alleyway. There's a wide gap between the beat and the alleyway. But Izuku doesn't want to test the beast's speed. If it is a copied version of All Might, then there's no chance of escape for him. There's a greater and greater weight stacking on Izuku's shoulder. The ring of fire. The bus ride and driver. The beast. The vision of his brother. How long has everything been planned? What are they after? Who are they? 

Izuku grabs a flaming piece of scrap and tosses it at the beast with all of his might in an attempt to test the beast. Except it doesn't go as planned. As the scrap flings toward the beast, it smacks against his thick steel-like hide and falls to the asphalt. It only concentrates on Izuku. It unclenches his fist and reaches for Izuku with those massive sausage fingers reaching for his neck. What speed! Izuku thought.

He couldn't believe something so massive could whip through the air with lightning speed. With his back to the flaming pile of cars, Izuku leaps into the raging inferno, right into the ash-turning seats, over the charred body, and through the melting window. Glass, ash, and flames follow Izuku as the beast blasts through the blockade. A dozen shards riddle Izuku's arm and face. The beast flings vehicles like toys. They crash into storefronts, collapsing the entrance of most buildings nearby. Izuku recovered quickly, and as soon his toe touched the asphalt, he dashed immediately. Izuku didn't look back. No, that'll waste time. In front of him is an open street.

The street ahead is eerily quiet, devoid of any signs of life. Rain continues to pour down, mixing with the fiery chaos behind Izuku. His heart races, pounding against his chest as he sprints through the lonely street, adrenaline fueling every step. Each breath he takes feels like fire in his lungs, but he doesn't dare slow down.

The beast's thunderous footsteps echo behind him, the ground trembling with each of its strides. Izuku steals a glance over his shoulder and catches a glimpse of the colossal creature in pursuit, its monstrous form barreling through the wreckage like an unstoppable force of nature.

Panic courses through Izuku's veins as he pushes himself harder, willing his legs to move faster. His mind races, searching for any semblance of a plan, any way to outmaneuver the beast. He ducks into an alley, hoping to lose it to the streets.