~8~

:- happy birthday to the prettiest and the best version of human on earth. ❤It's Niti's birthday 🎊. (I was going to post this yesterday so...)

Chapter 8 - Wait for tomorrow

"He planned to give her life,
she gave him her soul instead ,totally unplanned"
...

Being in love is totally overrated, have you ever , ever loved a person without being IN love with them?
It is not always necessary to be in love, but just to love is enough.

Like you loving me as a writer, me loving you as a reader, is it necessary for us to have daily conversations , calls etc, we haven't even seen each other but underneath there is respect, have always been and I don't know why people haven't started noticing that the foundation of every relationship is not just love or trust, it's always always respect.

Like the doctors is New York Grace Hospital , Nandini as much as they wanted to deny she wasn't just an ordinary patient, they knew it, somewhere in her unconscious mind, she knew it too. The media was going crazy outside, standing 24*7 outside the hospital just to get some news, there were prayer meetings being held in India for she was the one because of whom many of them had got their child back, she did mistakes which has cost her life - almost, but she was a human and she did what she felt right at the moment.
She did however, helped India to solve the biggest child trafficking case and the Indian government had to do everything they could to keep her alive, even if that meant sending her to New York,  which they did, overnight, without a clue to the people of India.

And so the pressure of saving her life in New York Grace hospital was too high  , but they didn't let it affect them. She was a patient, just a patient they told themselves countless times, but was she? 

Manik seeing Cabir in their usual spot in the basement of the hospital where nobody came, he moved forward and kept a hand on his shoulder.

Just as he did, Cabir turned and hugged him. Wasn't he supposed to be the one being hugged? The thought did cross his mind for a second but now his first priority was Cabir, who needed him, why?  He had no idea.

Rubbing his back ,he was about to break the hug when he felt something wet on his shoulder.

Two things about Cabir he knew was
One - he never cries
Two - he can never make anyone cry.

Which was now happening, Cabir never cried and watching him cry broke Manik, it was just unbearable for him, he was his best friend, his joker, his brother, it automatically brought tears in his eyes seeing him like this.

"Cabir" Manik gasped in shock.

Cabir instead tightened the hug and this time cried  louder. Manik was dumbfounded ,he was just oblivious to everything in that moment.

Manik - Cabir, hey buddy its okay, it's okay relax. Tell me what happened?  Are you alright?

Breaking the hug, Cabir wiped his tears ,
Cabir - why are you sniff crying?

Manik - What are you crying?

Cabir - I asked you first, why are you crying?
Manik - I don't know, because you are crying? (it was more like a question than a statement)  now why are you crying.

Cabir - I don't know.
Manik - huh??
Cabir - I was feeling very heavy so ...

Manik - so you Cabir Dhawan cried?

Cabir - yeah, so I Cabir Dhawan cried.

And that was it, they started laughing because well because they were crying. Sometimes your feelings are so messed up with each other that you don't realise which one overpowers and as a result you end up crying or laughing. But it's beautiful you know, how your one emotion take over the other in a blink of an eye.

Manik - Let's go, its going to be a long day tomorrow.

They sighed and left a little nervous, a little happy, a little sad, a little loved.

       --------------------*-----------------------

Checking her vitals and everything else, making sure she was fine, Manik sat down beside her, reading her file for the 40th time now. Checking and rechecking everything after every five minutes.

Tomorrow was THE DAY,  the most important day of her life and may be his too.

Manik - Hey Nandini , are you ready for tomorrow?  Don't worry okay? You'll be absolutely fine. There are so many people out there praying for you, everyone is waiting for you to wake up, you have become so important to each one of us, just don't lose hope on us okay?  Be the same brave girl I know, the one who fights for her patients and give her 200 % to everything. Just give your 200% tomorrow too and don't you dare to even think for a second that you are alone. You have a huge family here, really huge. You'll get tired of learning their names only. We all are there for you.

He kept ruffling her hairs softly as if to make her sleep but the point was she was already asleep, since so long and now was the time to wake up...

The silence that prevailed witnessed two souls, one restless and other on rest, together yet apart, close yet far, dead yet alive, breathing and beating.

And tomorrow awaits , for someone to live and for someone to die.
For the rise of hope and love
Of death and disaster.

"Dying is always the easy part"

.....

Published on -9th November 2020

Stay happy and stay blessed.
Here's a small update for you all to get a sneak peak of what's going to come.

#okaythanksbye