~1~

Chapter 1. ~Until one day~

"One day this will be my once upon a time"

Some people see life as white and black, some grey and some colorful. So what actually it is? Grey? Colorful? Black? White?

For Manik it was Red, it has always been red. Life for him was like the colour red, the colour of blood and the colour of love both of which fascinated him since his childhood.

The sight and smell of blood didn't make him nauseous or nervous, he loved it not in a way some people love pain, but he was just always curious about it.

And love.... Was deeply rooted in every cell of his body which kept on radiating to everyone around him. Everyone loved and admired him and so did he

until one day..

.............................................................

No one is perfect and neither is Nandini, she has her own set of flaws clung like the stars shining in darkness. Life for her was white because a tint of any colour added to the colour white can change it and changes can be beautiful.

Being one of the best medical students of her college she adds any colour to her white world, whichever damn colour she wants because it's her life and she has the command of her paintbrush.

Her big doe eyes radiated innocence and she has been said a lot that she was too innocent to be a cardiologist but she was innocently fierce. She was empathetic but not weak.

She was not perfect but her imperfections were beautiful, her smile made her surroundings happy.
She lost her parents at the age of 16 and since then kept shifting from grandparents house, to paternal uncle and to a few more places of her relatives until she turned 18 and since then she lived alone in a pg and then shifted to a flat.

She was one of a kind had everything planned, the internships, her future job everything...

But things does not always go as per the plan right?

As for now everything was going according to her

Until one day...

....

Destination : New York
Date: 12th November 2018
Day : Monday
Place :New York Grace Hospital
Time : 16:23 (4:23)

"Manik say it, just please say it"

Manik - Good evening everyone, it's a beautiful day to save lives.

(yes I did quote Derek Shepherd :'))

Manik gave a beautiful smile to his fellow doctor Mukti who had asked him to say his quote which he always does before doing any surgery.

His smile radiating confidence and faith in himself that he could save the life in front of him. Wearing a mask, asking for a scalpel he started removing the butterfly tumour which in most cases was inoperable but here there was a chance, just 7% but enough for him to give it a try.

That's Manik for you, where there is hope there is Manik.

He was the most trusted one but he was no God . He loved what he did and there was no looking back once he decided something resulting in an average of 76% of him saving lives.