~12~

"My wishes are flowers
staining my days
I was wounded early,
and early I learnt that
wounds made me"

Chapter 12- LONG WAY AHEAD.

Published on - 8th May 2021.

Manik - So Nandini, on a scale of 1 - 10 how much is it hurting.

He said gently touching her stomach from above her hospital gown to which Nandani slightly flinched because of pain.

Nandini - 11

She said and bit her lip which started bleeding immediately at it was already sour from all the pipes that went through it.

Looking around and seeing everyone looking at her with some undecipherable expression, she gave a slight smile
Nandini - But that's okay, feeling something is better than not feeling.

They were in awee, literally awe of her courage. That girl was in pain but her eyes, her eyes held courage , to live, to smile through pain and to get through a thing called life.

Raj - okay, so you'll have to be here for at least 45 days so that we can process your recovery. As of now, you can't move your left leg and your right hand even a little, your stomach is going to hurt a lot because of broken ribs , you are not allowed to eat anything for a week, we will give you liquids only and proper bed rest for 2 weeks after which we will slowly move forward and help you stand, walk . And I know you being yourself a doctor must know, the hardest part for you starts now. The recovering is going to be slow and painful, but we'll make it, just like we did. Right?

Everyone - Yes

Nandini's eyes started dropping because of heavy medications and it was already 30 mins since she woke up , she was tired, exhausted, in pain and broken.

Manik - let her take rest, my shift is over so I'll stay here and monitor her, Cabir inform Navya and her parents and also to not disclose anything to anyone as of now. It's confidential.

Everyone nodded and started leaving the room while Raj Malhotra started back and went near Manik placing a hand on his shoulder

Raj - she'll be fine. You need rest. Go home.
Manik - I won't be able to rest if I go home. It.. .he gulped the lump forming in his throat it feels so personal, I - I feel responsible for her this state. She -she went out to call me, I kn-know it's not my fault but I feel responsible, it is personal dad. It is.

Raj knew how much Manik took things on him, how much every patient affected him and this time, it wasn't just some patient, it was someone who was so much like him, someone who reminded him of himself, someone whom he had to make sure is safe.
He patted his back and left saying a take care.

Manik sat beside Nandini and moved his back towards the chair resting his head on top of it not realising when sleep overtook his exhausted senses.

Not realising how time passed, he woke up with a jerk when he heard the heart monitor beeping loudly and continuously, he immediately started checking her and saw her frantically moving her head and sweating, she was having a nightmare, he concluded.

Nightmares after heavy dose of medicines were common in patients but someone, deep down he knew this was not just because of medicines, this was something deeper and the thought of it scared him.

He however kept his hand on her head, bent down and whispered sweet nothing in her ears.

Manik - Shhh, it's going to be alright, you are safe, everyone is safe, nothing is going to happen. Nandini, you. Are. Safe. And so. Is. Everyone. Else. Don't. Worry. He said every word loud and clear for her sleepy mind to register. He held her left hand softly and caressed it with his thumb.

She calmed down after a while but he kept sitting beside her, holding her hand and time to time whispering in her ears that she is strong and will make through this.

It was hours after that she woke up and saw him sitting beside her holding her hands, she smiled a little and called him softly.

Nandini - Doctor Manik

Manik - yes, Doctor Nandini

Nandini - well, doctor Nandini is patient Nandani now, so you can just call me Nandini.

Manik - well doctor Manik is just Nandini's friend now, so you can just call me Manik.

She smiled, he smiled back.

Nandini - when did we become friends?

Manik - Oh madam, I am hurt you don't remember. Not just friend, we joined hands to be on the same team against Cabir.

Nandini laughed and immediately coughed as laughing was prohibited too but understanding the meaning that she became friends with him while being unconscious she couldn't help but feel like she had someone here, in an unknown country, she had found some people to call her own.

Nandini - Thank you Manik.

He knew what was that thank you for making him choke on his emotions.

Manik - I am sorry Nandini.

He knew what he said sorry for, she didn't. May be someday when she'll have enough energy to talk, she'll ask him what was that sorry for, as of now, she was content. Tomorrow was going to be tough but she has today.

The road ahead was tough, but with people around you who cares, it becomes bearable. After all, life is tough and so are we but as long as we have people to count on to, it's okay.

"For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. So collapse. Crumble. This is not your destruction. This is your birth."

..

Shoutsssss SURPRISEEEEE.

Look who decided to show up early???

WHO WHO?

MEEEEEE.

Did you like the chapter?

Favourite part?

Rate it out of 10.

HELLO PEOPLE, I realised I have been very irregular with the updates but with a situation like this going around, I can't seem to get in a mood of writing but at the same time I understand how you lose interest if updates are not regular, so here I am...
And I'll try to be regular.

Also please take care of yourself, stay at home and stay safe.
My Dm's are always open for everyone of you. Feel free to ping me anytime.

Don't forget to vote and comment or I might forget to update;)

#notedited.
#okaythanksbye.