12 - C O M P E L L E D

"she's been good"

The train finally stopped. I waved my goodbyes to Ginny and the rest.

Tom and I went to a hidden corner as I shot out a portkey from my bag. He held onto it, so did I. Our hands touched and I peek at him. His cheeks had a light pink tint due to the cold winter air.

We arrived at the front gate of my parent's house. Tom didn't say a word and knocked.

My mother was the one who opened the door. "why hello there, come in, I don't want you kids turning into popsicles!" She laughed and let us in.

My mom pulled me into a great hug. "Oh how I missed you y/n" She smiled. "I missed you too mother" I smile back. Me and Tom were inside the house, getting our huge jackets off. He huffed and sat down at the dinner table and so did I. My dad was sitting across from us. "Oh! You scared me! You folks are finally here. I missed you y/n, oh and Riddle! Lovely to see you again." My dad nodded towards Tom who replied with a faint smile.

The scent of the food in front of us hit my nostrils, I was starving. Few minutes have past and we all were in the middle of eating. My mom cleared her throat. "So Riddle, how has my precious y/n been?" Tom's eyes darted towards me. He started talking without his eyes leaving. "She's been good."

I was surprised at
what he said, I probably thought Tom would say unfortunate things, this was a relief.

She took a deep breathe. "Fantastic to hear! Thankfully most people that were after us got sent back to Azkaban. We still want you to be around y/n just incase, maybe even get comfortable if you know what I mean."

I kicked her across the table with my foot, my cheeks started to go red. My father eyes just widen while Riddle's eyes did the same. I love my mom but she can be really embarrassing. I don't tell her about my relationship with guys, there isn't a reason to.

Everyone finished dinner and my mom made me take Tom to his room that he'll be sleeping at. "You're staying here." I smiled as I led him there.

"Tom, why do you need the money for this job anyways?" I asked. Shit. That sounded clingy. Why did I even ask him that?

His head fully turned around me. He looked furious. "Didn't I tell you not to call me that name? My filthy mug- Why do you want to know? It's not even your fucking business." He yelled but not as loud for parents to hear. He stormed into his temporary room and locked the door.

That was a good start

What did I expect? Him telling me exactly why? I was an idiot. I walked over to my room, plopping myself onto the bed, my room was next to the one Tom was in. I run my hands through my hands frustrated. He seemed really suspicious, there is a lot of things I don't know about Riddle. Hell, I don't know him at all.

But I feel.... compelled?

I feel compelled to know, or find out. He's definitely hiding something.