20 - M I S T L E T O E

"thank you"

y/n

      My eyes open in an oddly comfortable bed, I almost forgot I was at the Malfoy's.

I was about to go to get myself freshened up, but the door to the bathroom was locked, of coursed I knocked at the door.

"oh hey" Draco said opening the door, he had a toothbrush in mouth. "I need to brush my teeth" I coughed. " I need to brush my teeth" I  said again but clearly. I couldn't really talk right since I just woke up.  "tell me when your done I won't rush you"

"okay" He said.

Around 10 minutes later he came out, gesturing me to go inside. Draco already pointed out there were new toothbrushes in one of the cabinets.

I started brushing my teeth and clean my face.

When I was done, I went back to the room and put on some clothes that the Malfoy's provided. I was so thankful. After that, I went downstairs.

Everyone was there apparently.

Me and my parents were about to leave, but Narcissa told us that she made a few treats we can take home, mom and dad said there was no need but she urged.

Both of my parents asked me to go get them.

"Draco, make sure she doesn't get lost"
Mrs.Malfoy snapped and Draco came up to me.

"We usually leave a lot of things close to our backyard, just follow me." He spoke and I nodded my head.

I thanked him as he handed over a small white box. I shook it slightly, probably cookies.

I was about to walk back to my parents but noticed something shining above me and Draco.

Mistletoe

We both stared at each other awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

Out of nowhere his lips connected with mine, I kissed back gently. It lasted around 2 seconds and we backed away. my cheeks started to get red. "uh..see you at school?" I gulped. He nodded and looked down at his feet, he was smiling.

I smiled back and ran back to my parents, waving goodbye to the malfoy's.

In the car the scenario kept repeating in my head. Did i just do that?

We arrived back home. My mom opened the door and we both saw Tom there, sipping a cup of warm coffee. " oh you're  back. lovely." He softly said, directing to my parents.  "i'll be in my room."

He didn't rightfully look at me and walked away.

My mom and dad were talking when we were inside, just usual stuff.

I went up and knocked at Tom's room. He opened it slowly and stayed silent. I cleared my throat. "can we talk?"

He kind of had no choice so he opened the door wider for me to go inside.

" I talked to my mom, you don't have to pull the 'fake nice' act anymore, I asked her to raise the price so you'll get double the money you're earning from .. protecting me?"

Even though I don't need protection at all. I thought.

"But I still would appreciate it if you were more kind." I breathed. "yeah, that's it." My body was about to head out the door but he stopped me.

"thank you." he mumbled. "for the extra money thing."

I was surprised he'd actually thanked me for once, I never in my mind think he'd ever say that to me. I smiled and was about to welcome him.

"now go" He demanded.

My smile dropped. of course.

I left but was kind of happy, we were making process.

Of what? being friends? I really don't know

Few days later

Winter break was finally over and I didn't have to live with Riddle anymore. I hugged my parents goodbye, my presence entered the train. Kids were everywhere already, I was looking for Ginny.

"y/n! over here!" I heard a familiar voice say. My full body turned around and I saw my ginger head sitting in a seat. I sped through the train to sit next to her. "I missed you so much!" I exclaimed, giving her a hug.

⚜️

    Ginny and y/n were expressing and ranting about how their break went. The train was about to start and y/n saw those grey eyes meet hers. Draco waved at her before walking to a seat far away. Y/n smiled and waved back.

Tom, who was sitting 3 seats away from them noticed. He raised an eyebrow and looked at y/n who's smiled dropped when she saw him. She couldn't feel the face he was making, It was a mix of nothing and anger? Y/n shook her head and went back to Ginny who also noticed. "Is that Malfoy? since when do you both know each other?" Ginny asked her. "I had to visit his house for Christmas, he's a really nice guy." Y/n replied, slightly blushing. Ginny instantly smirked. "did you two-"

"No! We just met a few days ago, of course not." Y/n raised her voice. "but we did- we-kiss-"

"Only because we had a mistletoe above us!" She cleared her throat. "it's not a big deal anyway."

"seems like someone has a crush" Ginny winked at her. Y/n hit her with her elbow and rolled her eyes.

Since Riddle was oddly close to them, he heard every single word.