His eyes softened as he saw me hurting, he extended an arm to me but I pushed his arm away and couldn't look at him in his betraying eyes.

"Kite, you know I wouldn't hurt you. But this is bigger than you, it's for our future...the Human must die." he sighed.

Something in me flared, anger overwhelmed me.

"How dare you say that! You would be nothing without him! He is your God, you miserable excuse for a creature!" I screamed in his face. Taking gulps of air I realised what I said and I immediately went to apologise. But the glare from Harris made my throat dry.

"You're...you're his mate." He barely whispered. Horror written all over his face, I swear I heard him gag. 

"Harris, don't be ridiculous. Humans don't exist." I sad in my I-know-it-all voice.

He took a step towards me, his large wings rustling with anger. I took a step back in fear.

"You know as well as me Kite, now don't you dare play stupid with me!" he hissed through clenched teeth and piercing eyes. 

I looked away from his burning glare. I felt like shrivelling up and saying sorry, I felt like crying.

"Harris, you're scaring me." I yelped. 

"We will find that maggot, and when we do we will kill him slowly and painfully. That excuse of a living being!" He snarled.

That flash of anger burned through me again. I took a step towards him and pushed him back with my powerful wings. He fell to the floor and looked up at me with hatred on his face. I walked over to him and bent down to him, looking straight into his golden eyes.

"You touch him, and I will kill you myself." I growled. Anger boiling within my burning skin. I seen the dagger on the table our Father gave him, the dagger our Father killed Odisse members with. I grabbed it from the table and stood up. And looked down at him.

"You don't deserve this." I sighed with disgust. 

I curled my fingers around the cold leather binding. The curved blade shone in the sun's light.

I turned around and flew out the doorway. My heart started to bleed with pain, my own brother betrayed me. How could he deceive me? I know I wasn't always there for him but he wasn't exactly the perfect brother either. Our parents would be ashamed, after them dedicating their lives to getting rid of the Odisee only to breed one. The thought sickened me.

I couldn't contain this emotion anymore, I was going to explode. I found the nearest tree and practically fell onto the branch. With the dagger in one hand I struck the tree with all the force I could give it. 

"Damn you!" I cussed. As salty tears rolled down my face. I pulled the dagger out of the tree and threw my arms around the huge trunk. My vision was blurred by acidic tears. I quickly wiped them away, I would not cry for that traitor. I turned my back to the trunk and slid down to the 'L' shaped intersection between the trunk and the start of the branch. 

I wrapped my arms around my legs and placed my head on my knees. I felt so alone, scared and betrayed. I wasn't sure what more my heart could take. 

I knew the human was real now, and The Odisee had his location. The thoughts of them having him made me feel nauseous. Nobody could have him except me, I would keep him safe. This feeling of protectiveness I felt towards this God was astonishing. I was so unworthy to hear his call, I was too ordinary for all of this.

I could feel the human with me now, a trickle of warmth trying to comfort me. I allowed myself to relax. He felt lonely as well, I needed to be there with him. He was cold and scared. My heart sank knowing I couldn't do anything to help him. 

Or could I? I could find him, and bring him home. Although I know Harris would be tracking him now. My brother was so much stronger than me, but I did have the brains.

A hand went up to my forehead trying to cool my thoughts. If the Elders knew, they would kill Harris without question. He was a traitor. I didn't want him to die though, he was still my brother. Unfortunately. 

I would go to the Elders and tell them that I had to find the human. Before it was too late. A shiver ran down my back. I looked around, the sun was no longer in the middle of the sky. Blood painted the sky as the sun died beyond the horizon. 

Exhaustion hit me like a brick and I struggled to keep my eyes open, I didn't want to leave the human alone. I could feel myself drifting off. 

Sleep, i will be fine. His reassuring voice echoed in the back of my mind. And with that, I was granted a brief respite from fear as I slipped into unconsciousness.