38

"When was the last time I took you out on a date?" I looked up to meet Yoshi's eyes. We are here on the balcony which I can say is my favorite place here in his house. I am lying down on the couch with my head on Yoshi's lap. And just like the usual, he's running his fingers through my hair.

"Hmm, let me think about it." I replied. Frankly, I don't even remember the last time that we went out on a date. I guess it has really been that long. "To be honest, I don't really know. Why did you ask?"

I hear him sigh. "I feel like a bad boyfriend. I can't even take you out on a date."

I chuckled as I watch a pout form on his face. "It's not that big of a deal, baby. Looking at our situation and the events that happened, I completely understand why we can't go out on a date. Besides, it's not as if we don't live in one house. Having you by my side most of the time is already enough for me."

"What did I do in my past life to deserve you?" Yoshi pouted. Why is he so cute? I can't believe I get to call him mine every single day. Thinking about it now, it feels like everything flew by so fast. My world turned around in a blink of an eye.

"Let me ask you the same thing then, what did I do in my past life to deserve you? I must've saved a whole entire generation to be able to have this space next to you." Wow, I can't believe I turned out to be this cheesy. And the thing is, I didn't even stutter while saying those words.

He started to laugh. I watch as his eyes disappear as he continued to laugh. I admired his face. His eyes, they're so lovely. His lashes.... I could go on and on. He's just perfect. And even if he has his flaws, he's still perfect to me.

"Stop staring at me, Mirae." He stopped laughing and shifted his full attention to me.

"You're so perfect." I didn't even realize that those words have already left my mouth. Realizing what I've just said, I instantly averted my gaze from him. Even without looking at the mirror, I know that my face has turned into beet red. Why am I suddenly so conscious and embarrassed? I think I've reached the limit for the cheesy lines that I am allowed to say for the day.

"Baby..." It's always his sweet and soft tone that gets me everything. It feels like I'm get babied each and every time he speaks to me. Like I am being lulled to sleep. "Hey Mirae, are you okay? Why are you zoning out? Am I that perfect?"

I glared at him. "Yeah, you're perfect. What now?" Acting all annoyed, I turned my back from him and sulked. Actually, that's just my way to further hide my blushing face.

"Hmm..." I felt him snake his arm around my waist. He then put his head on top of mine, something that he enjoys doing because he likes the fact that I'm way shorter than him. He said it's cute.

"Can I take you out on a date?"

---

"What the hell, Yoshi?" I looked at him in disbelief. He just missed ten cans in a row. I thought he is Treasure's ace but why can't he even hit one can?

"Damn, why are these toy guns so hard to control? This is very different from the guns I own. I just don't have a feel for this one. If I have my gun now, I can take them all at once." He coolly said, inspecting the toy gun on his hand. I saw the lady who's in charge of the booth gave us a judging look.

I offered her a small smile before discreetly tugging on Yoshi's shirt. "He collects nerf guns. He's addicted to them." I just can't tell her that Yoshi's in a gang, right?

The lady squinted her eyes at them for a few seconds before she shrugged it off. I then bowed at her before dragging Yoshi away from that booth.

He decided to bring me to an amusement park, something I've been asking him for a long time now. We just didn't have the luxury of time before so we weren't able to go.