Twists!

A/N: This is like the first chapter I've even done that's about, (Or at least starts with.) Thomas Jefferson. Huh, funny. I never thought I'd see the day. Also, I had to write an essay about Thomas Jefferson about how he was such a good president. Sigh. It was a traumatic experience.

Thomas Jefferson ran down the halls of the dorm. He panicked and just kept bolting down until he made his way to Aaron Burr's room. When he finally found it, he bursted through the door, then paused for a breathe.

"What the heck are you doing!" Aaron complained.

"I need to talk to you." Thomas panted out of breath.

"What could possibly be so important that you barge in here uninvited and unwanted?" Aaron stated. He had been working on a very important project, and even though he was patient, he hated when people interrupted him.

"Remember when I sorta said that awhile ago I slept with a girl named Martha Wales?" Jefferson asked.

"Yes. You said you really liked her and wanted to kiss her from the moment you first saw her." Burr nodded.

"Yeah, well... SHE'S EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!" Jefferson yelled. "AND SHE DECIDED TO WAIT UNTIL NOW TO TELL ME!!!"

"Wow! Just, Wow!" Burr gasped. "The sex?"

"I haven't seen her in a few months."

"I meant the baby you freak."

"Oh." Jefferson felt kind of stupid. "A girl I think."

"What are you going to do?" Aaron questioned.

"I don't know, that's why I came to you." Thomas sighed. "I love her, but I'm not sure that I'm ready for this."

"Think about this, this is the main question you need to ask yourself. Would I do anything for her? If you would, then clearly you were meant to be. If not, then you can give her child support and move on with life until you're ready." Burr suggested.

Jefferson thought for a moment. This was the biggest decision of his life. Everything was at stake. His future, his freedom, his marital status. Everything would be affected depending on this choice right here.

"I think I love her." Thomas answered. "I think she's worth it."

"Then you go to her. You tell her that you love her, and that you want to be apart of her life. Tell her that you want to raise your child together and to maybe have more." Burr instructed.

"Ok, thank you again!" Jefferson yelled as he ran back out and down the hallway.

"Well that just happened." Burr shook his head and got back to work.

Alexander walked to his dorm. He had been pretty stressed out as of lately. He and Eliza were trying to find a small apartment, but there was nothing within their budget that was close enough to the campus. They had been looking and looking, but they were still out of luck. He sat down at his desk and figured he'd write. It helped him to relax. He happened to hear a large thud coming his way. He stepped outside the dorm to find a body smack right into him.

"Eew." Jefferson scoffed. "I'd love to sit and remind you of everything you are that's wrong, but I have to talk to someone."

"Martha Wales, you mean?" Alexander snickered.

"How did you know that?" Thomas glared.

"Burr's dorm is only two doors down, we all share the same air conditioning unit. So I can hear through the air vents." Alexander explained. "That's how I know he and Theodosia are moving into a vacation home that his uncle owns."

"You cannot tell anyone I got her pregnant. Or I will kill you!" Jefferson threatened.

"You got her pregnant? I actually didn't hear that part, but thanks for the heads up." Alexander smirked.

"You may not think so, because you probably thought I would've used it by now, but I still know things about you that you don't want me to know."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"A part of the Reynolds Pamphlet that you left out." Thomas grinned.

"What are you talking about?"

"An exact time period. Something you left out because you didn't want Johnny to find out you were the reason he was abducted. You were off with little miss waitress. Making out in, might I add YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S CAR, while he had a gun pointed to his head." Jefferson said. "Eliza gave you her car so you and Laurens could drive home after your car was totaled. If you had done just that, his father wouldn't have grabbed him off the streets. But you just had to see your precious side hustle."

"I was breaking up with her thank you!" Alexander spat. "How do you even know that?"

"James Reynolds told me that was the day you paid him off. Then you went straight to see her." Thomas smirked.

"Fine." Alexander gulped. "I don't tell them about you getting Martha pregnant, and you don't tell Laurens."

"The only problem is that eventually Martha will give birth." Jefferson paced around him. "My secret will be out. So why shouldn't yours be as well?"

"You said if yourself. You haven't used this against me. I think it's because deep down in that black hole of yours, is a heart." Alexander laughed. "You would be perfectly fine with hurting me, but you couldn't ruin him. You'd have too much guilt."

"That might be why I haven't told him yet, but you have no idea what I am capable of." Jefferson whispered into his ear before running away to get to Martha.

"What do I do?" Alexander mumbled to himself.

He knew this wasn't like the Reynolds Pamphlet. He could be honest with that and still earn forgiveness. He did. But this was different, this wouldn't be something that he had an excuse for. He could've been there for Laurens. He could've helped him. Maybe even prevented it from happening. But he didn't, and he knew he could never tell a soul. But now, he didn't have that option. He just had to hope that Jefferson would hold to his word. But it wouldn't last long. He knew the baby would be born soon. He knew Jefferson would tell everyone soon. It was only a matter of time.