CHAP 26

"So Mr. Jeon what were you doing before all of this crisis?" Max asked leaning his back on the chair scratching his non-existed beard. "I worked at a cafe for income and was preparing for exams for different Jobs." Jungkook answered confidently without any stuttering. "Preparing for jobs?? You didn't go to college?" Max furrowed his brows. Jungkook took a glance at Pearl to calm down his sudden anxiety. He then look at Max and shake his head as no. "So your parents do not want you to go to college." Max nodded at himself smirking. "No I am orphan. I do not have much money to give my college fees nor do I had any friends. And the Job at cafe just helped me to feed myself and to have roof under my head." Jungkook take a sharp breath as he recited all the words he have learned. 

"Oh that's sad." Max said without any hint of worry in his tone. "So you just lived a pretty normal life without any friends and family." He said this time being serious. Jungkook was taken aback by the sudden change in the air but nodded nevertheless keeping his ground firm. "So is it a real past or you are just making words so that I cannot find about your past or who you really are?" He said with a sinister smile. All the hair in Jungkook's body stand up with the tone of Max voice. Pearl slowly caressed Jungkook's hand to calm him down even she herself was freaking out. "N-no. T-thats not r-right" Shit...Jungkook thought as he stuttered in front of Max. 

"I see you are stuttering now Mr. Jeon. Does my sudden question makes you anxious or am I really correct?" Max widen his smirk. "Stop it. You are scaring him. Everything he said is right. You don't have any right to speak us in this way." Pearl stood up for Jungkook. She cannot  just watch and let this man scare Jungkook. Her Jungkook.

"YOU-" Max was interrupted with the sudden slamming of the door. "Results are out." The two doctors from before came barging in. "Atleast show some decency, you guys can come knocking in." Max said with an irritated tone. "You both are fine. Any of you are not exposed with the virus and your body is also functioning well." The doctor said ignoring the Max. "Oh right. Thank you." Pearl suddenly bounced up from her chair clapping her hands in the sudden excitement. Everyone was silently staring her or maybe judging her. "Oh right. Sorry hehe." She sat back down scratching her neck in embarrassment. Jungkook slightly chuckled looking at her. And oh god was it chuckle or the soft bells from heaven. He sounds just like angel for Pearl. She shakes her head to discard any holy thoughts and focus on the current situation. 

"So that means we are good to enter the military base." She said with her eyes twinkling. "Yes you guys are welcome here. All your other friends have also finished their process, you guys can come with me so that we can show you your room quarters." The doctor said monotonously. "Okayy!!" she said cheerfully and follow the doctors out of the room. 

Jungkook also stand up from the chair to go behind Pearl. "Don't think we are finished here Mr. Jeon." Jungkook stopped from the Max voice. "I don't know if you  really don't remember me or just trying to act but like before I will not let you to crush me again." Max said gritting his teeth.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Jungkook why were you so late coming out." Pearl asked with her cheerful voice. "Um nothing." He said showing his fake smile. Pearl did notice it but try not to question it cause now they are safe here and everything will be fine or will it?

"I can't believe that we are finally going inside the base camp." Hoseok said smiling brightly. "Yes. That means we survived the pandemic. Now we are safe here." Jimin said side hugging Taehyung who was already showing his boxy smile. Jungkook was happy that everyone was finally happy now but still what Max has said earlier was revolving around his head, what exactly was he trying to say? 

"Jungkook are you alright! You were zoned out for quite some time." Yoongi asked him. "Yes. I am fine hyung." Jungkook said smiling slightly. "Don't worry hyung. I think he must me in his Jungshooked state." Namjoon said laughing showing and his dimples. "I guess you are right." Yoongi smiled slightly patting Jungkook's head. 

"If all your talks are finished can we get going to your quarters." The doctor said impatiently tapping their leg. "Right lets go." Jin said following the doctor behind. Everyone else also follow their tail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"So here are your room quarters. There are four rooms and each room has a bunk bed. So two of you have to share same room. And if you have any queries please don't ask me cause I should be get going now, it is already past my sleep time." The doctor grumbled as he went away without greeting them goodbye. "Wow I love him already." Yoongi smiled his gummy smile. "I guess you guys were long lost twins." Namjoon said astound. "Maybe." Yoongi said going towards some random room. 

"I am going to sleep and one of you looser can come with me." Yoongi said entering the room. "I am going to share room with hyung." Taehyung said excitedly. "But what about me Tae-Tae." Jimin said pouting. "You can share room with me Jiminie." Hoseok said showing his heart shape smile. "Okay then I am going with Jin hyung and Pearl and Jungkook can share one room." Namjoon said smirking and entering his room with Jin. "Sweet night." Jin said closing the door of his room. 

"So I guess we have to share a room." Pearl said shyly looking everywhere but not at Jungkook. And Oh boy Jungkook for the first time can feel his dead heart beating rapidly.

Author's Note:

Hola people!! So after 25379263 years later I have finally published a chapter. This chapter may have many mistakes cause I am very sick😭 . So I am saying sorry to y'all beforehand. Also thank you for taking out your time and reading this trash book. I love you all so much. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤