CHAP 19

Author's POV:

Pearl's breathing was ragged and her pink skin color was slowly fading into ash hues. "PARR" Jungkook shouted with tears in his eyes. He tried to lift her up but his lifeless hands could not carry out her body weight. With tears streaming down his face, Jungkook slowly puts his trembling hands on her face, "Pearl please be fine." 

Taehyung quickly come running towards their direction, "Shit!! Jungkook we have to quickly take pearl to the bus, more and more ghouls are coming." Jungkook wipes his tears and nodded at him. Taehyung lifted her and starts running towards the bus with Jungkook tailing behind him.  

A sudden gunshot startled them both as they looked at the headless ghoul behind him. Yoongi came running towards them. "What happened to her??" he said loading his gun again. "Ghoul bite." Jungkook muttered with his concerned teary eyes still on pearl. "Dammit!! I will cover you both. Let's quickly go to the bus." 

With the few gunshots here and there, all three of them finally reached the bus with anxious Jin waiting for them. "Why the hell you were lat- Oh god Pearl!!" His eyes widen. "We don't have time Jin you drive us out from this place and I will give Pearl the antidote." Jin concerned eyes meet Yoongi's but without any other word he return back to the driver's seat. 

Taehyung place her carefully on the back seat. "Here is the antidote." Jimin handed Yoongi the med box. "You know Yoongi that this antidote is only for zombies, we haven't tried it on ghoul's bite." "I know Namjoon but we will never knew that it will work or not unless we try it. Do we want her to die!" Yoongi answered while carefully injecting Pearl with the antidote. Jungkook was observing everything with his doe eyes while tightly holding her hands. "I Yoongi-" Namjoon sighed , "Lets just wait and see." With this he went in front to sit beside Jin. 

Yoongi huffed and shakes his head. He look back at Jungkook and his eyes soften. "Don't worry kiddo but Pearl will be fine. Okay!!" He ruffled his hair smiling sofly and get up to leave. "Hyung!" Yoongi stopped in his tracks and looks back at Jungkook with wide eyes. "Pearl Fine!" he said in soft voice. Yoongi nod back at him still wide eyed. Jungkook smiled at him and turn back to again stare at pearl. Yoongi gulped and then continue his way back to the other guys.

"Guys I don't know if I am hallucinating or not but Jungkook just spoke to me without slurring like it seems like he did not have any difficulty in speaking." Yoongi sit beside Taehyung with his eyes still wide in shock. Taehyung quickly turns his head looking back at Yoongi with bright eyes and showing his boxy smile. "Really Hyung!! Jungkookie did not stuttered." Yoongi nodded at him. 

"You were clearly hallucinating Yoongi." Jin muttered with his eyes on road. Taehyung pouted at him. "See I have already told that you won't believe me but sorry to break your bubble but I am not drunk hyung and I have listened correctly. Jungkook was speaking fine without any constraint." 

Namjoon was listening to Yoongi seriously with his eyebrows furrowed. "What if hyung is correct and Jungkook really did not stuttered while speaking." he looks at Jin. "How could I believe that shit Namjoon. We have been observing him for so many days and there is nothing that changed in his body and now you are saying that he suddenly starts to speak correctly!!" 

"So you think that I am joking right now hyung!!" Yoongi gets up from his seat. "Hey hey guys calm down this time is not right for the fight. We are in middle of the crises and one of us is currently bitten by ghoul. So lets think rationally." Hoseok calmly stated. Yoongi huffed and sit back down at his seat. "I did not mean that Yoongi - ah, I was just trying to state the facts." Jin looked at yoongi through rear view mirror. "No its fine hyung. I know that it is difficult to believe but please whatever I am saying is truth and this may help Jungkook."

"Okay Yoongi hyung let's say we believe you right now and when we will reach to our next location we will try to observe any change in him." Namjoon assured him by patting his back. Yoongi smiled back at him. "Okay I agree with Namjoon." Jin smiles while looking at the rear view. 

Jimin was looking all of them with adoration. No matter how many fights and hardships they have to go through but at the end they are brothers and will always be each other's back.

Jungkook was staring at Pearl with his soft eyes . His thumb was slowly brushing her hands, caressing her. "Pearl be fine" He muttered with his eyes again filling with tears. His heart was aching seeing her lying lifeless in front of him. He softly places the strand of her hair behind her ears and again hold her hands. "Please be safe." He was feeling emotions that his dead heart has forgotten long time ago and now seeing her like this is just seems like someone is stabbing his heart million of times . He promised her to always protect her but he failed. Silent tears slides down his cheeks as the night wind softly blows his hair. Jungkook places her hand on his chest, as the night turns more darker his tears and his emotions turns more stronger.  

His feelings was developing more and more just like his beating heart.

Author' Note:

After eternity I have finally published this chapter. I just want to say sorry to my readers but these online classes has really taken my whole time. But now tada!! As soon as I got time I decided to write this chapter. I just want to say thank you so much to all those who still take their time to read my book. I love you guys veryyyy much 💜💜💜💜

Also Happy birthday to Namjoon!! This is his birthday special 💜💜💜💜💜

See you guys next time!! Until then stay safe and hydrated ~~ 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

- BreezyyyBoo